Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What/ where/ who, is a good source for reloading components for the 8mm Mauser? I ordered one today from Classic Arms Inc. Now I need to find the brass and bullets so I can load for it.

The local gun shop wants Between $30.00 & $35.00 for 100 rounds of brass. That seems a bit high to me.

Any ideas?

Nick

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
midway usa or natchez. 100 pieces of brass will run $26-30 depending on manufacturer, winchester or remington. remington is cheaper.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
ninwnc said:
What/ where/ who, is a good source for reloading components for the 8mm Mauser? I ordered one today from Classic Arms Inc. Now I need to find the brass and bullets so I can load for it.
The local gun shop wants Between $30.00 & $35.00 for 100 rounds of brass. That seems a bit high to me.
Any ideas?
Nick
That's about the going price...from Remington and Winchester anyway.

Not a bad price really.

Topped of with Remington FMJ for $10 per hundred and IMR 4350 powder...still a cheap alternative to commercial.

lefty o said:
midway usa or natchez. 100 pieces of brass will run $26-30 depending on manufacturer, winchester or remington. remington is cheaper.
How much is their shipping?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
lefty o said:
im sure its a couple of bucks, but no taxes.
That's not bad then.

Every time I think of shipping I think of $8 to my zip code, or possible more at times.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. That gives me some known places to start.

Nick

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you use the Lyman manual, the data for IMR 3031 is NOT CORRECT! (8 mm Mauser, 150 gr bullet) If you coose to use this powder, check other manuals or look on line. Lyman is way too hot. Other data for other powders are OK. I loaded one box to try, ended up dissasembling 17 rounds. I always check more than one manual, now.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warning. That's good info to have, as I do have an older Lyman load manual.

I normally use the Sierra loading manual. If I have any doubt at all, I give them a call on their hotline. Those guys are a fount of info. I even met Rich when he was out this way to visit a friend of mine. They are good people.

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts