close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9-11 is near

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 7mmag6, Aug 29, 2002.

1. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

what do you think the hallowed ground of the twin towers should be remembered

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

some sort of permanent memorial should be erected in the area. i think on the anniversary there will be an over-abundance of security, but nothings going to happen.

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I agree with Papa. I think it would be too obvious to attack us on 9-11-02. I wonder what the plans are for a memorial? I have heard stuff, but nothing solid....

4. I know let's send a anniversary gift to the tangos.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Like, say, ten megatons over Bahgdad? Good place to resume nuclear testing.

Look for the usual taliking heads on TV to bask in the glory of false Patriotism - media pukes, politicians from both sides of the fence, and those beloved celebrities. Lots of flags flying, martial music and teary soliloquies. Two weeks later, business as usual.
    We should learn from such disasters, not use them for political gain. But then, they didn't ask us. I'll wave my flag, and keep my powder dry.

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Two light beams are now shining upward at night time.

Right now there's two light beams shining upward at night time in the bombed out area.

My guess, based upon some things I've read, is that the owner(s) of the real estate property will go for the profit they can make from business development rather than any lesser amount they might receive from a proper memorial, whatever that should be.

Personally, I don't know exactly what the size of the excavated real estate area is in square feet. It's possible that both business re-development and a significant memorial could be done.

Oxford:nod:

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Last I had seen in the news, the twin lights were only temporary. They looked pretty good, though. There were several ideas for devlopment given by various companies, even "The Donald" tendered a proposal for a bigger tower. They were still considering at the time. Don't know if they have chosen at this time.

8. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Well, I sure hope they build something powerful and emotional. NY is a liberal state, they'll probably build another Starbucks Coffee House there at the site! I guess we'll just wait and see.....

9. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

we have no 10 megaton devices in our inventory, only tactical devices, w-88 100 kilotons, maybe some b-9 2 megs around, but no strategic weapons

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

USA! USA! USA! :) :) :)

11. You know back to the original question. That 16 acres has to be very expensive property. I think we should rebuild and put people back to work. And put up a memorial for the brave people that we lost. A memorial only-- would just give in to the ******* tangos.

12. I think the ultimate memorial to all our fallen would be to rebuild it to the brick just the way it was.

13. colt 45--AMEN--let our fallen rest in peace.

14. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yep, like nothing ever happened except for a memorial park inside the compound and a statue with the names of the fallen. Renamed the "Memorial Towers!"