91/30 Tula date of 51?

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Link23, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

my friend that collects WW2 rifles has a Tula stamped 91/30 with a date of 1951 has anyone heard of that? i know ive seen it before but how common is it?

2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Extremely rare. I have heard of it before and have seen pics but definitely a 10 on the rarity scale.

3. MosinMan

MosinMan G&G Evangelist

I have a 1933 91/30, MO marked double dated re-dated in 1951, but def not a 51' tula 91/30!

4. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

should i trade my 42 tula for it?
    my 42 looks like a brand new rifle, its beautiful the bore looks almost like a chrome lined barrle and i didnt look at the 51 to much

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. texnmidwest

Depends on the condition of the rifle. Assuming both rifles are in equal condition then at WORST it is a fair trade! So, if that is an option I would do it!

6. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

the 51 tula is still in cosmo

7. texnmidwest

Sounds great! If the rifle under the cosmo is equal in condition or better than your rifle....go for it!

8. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

I will buy it if you want to sell it when you get ahold of it ? PM me if your interested .

9. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

i cant find any information on a 51 Tula

10. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

what could this thing be? ill try to get some pictures but it will be a day or 2

11. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

It would be a rifle they made up out of parts they cleaned out of some dark corner not a production rifle .