92FS Ejector not working right?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jasmine2501, May 28, 2008.

1. jasmine2501

jasmine2501 G&G Newbie

Something is wrong with my 92FS and I'm not quite sure what I should do. It's not exactly semi automatic anymore :bigeyes:

I think something maybe is wrong with the extractor, but I'm not sure if it's the ammo I'm using. When I was firing Winchesters I fired 200 rounds without a problem. I loaded the last 10 of the Winchesters and 5 "Independence" rounds into my clip and proceeded to fire. All but one of the first 5, the casing got stuck, but the 10 Winchesters went off without a problem. I fired another clip of the Independence ammo and had almost all of them stick. So, I bought a box of American Eagle from the gun range and fired 15 of those - same problem. I do not know if the Winchesters were different because I tossed the box - they could have been 125 grain, where the others are 115... would that cause this problem? It almost seems as if the slide isn't going far enough back.

I can field strip and oil it, but do you think I should take it to a gun smith to figure out? I am an engineer so feel free to be technical, I love it :)

I do have video, but you can't see the problem up close in it. You can see the gun fail to fire though, and I'll rack it and the casing pops out.