close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9mm carbine

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BAT21, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a 9mm AR15 carbine complete or a 9mm upper reciever for my AR15 A-1 preban lower? I have access to a bunch of 9mm +P ammo and want to take advantage of it!:assult:

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I know Olympic Arms sells them. Not sure who else.

3. That doesn't look bad but I was curious if Colt or another manufacturer has a gun that uses unmodified magazines. I guess the 65 bucks Olympic wants for a 35 rd modified sten mag isnt that bad but I wonder how reliable they are. I may consider the Special Weapons HK 94 copy, unless I can find a resonable Colt 9mm.... Maybe I'll try the Ruger PC ?? Thanks for the tip.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

My preference is the Ruger, for its affordability, affordability of mags, because they're known to be accurate (not that AR or SW aren't probably better), because their mags are interchangeable with pistols, and because they're probably the most durable of them all (the only butt-stroker, a term I've learned in the Gun Room.) If you're just looking to burn ammo, try looking into a Kel Tec, Cobray clone carbine or a Hi-Point for much less money. I'll probably go for Hi-Point just to redesign it. Only problem with Hi-Points is they're ugly, hard to take down, and only take post-ban 10rd mags.

Here are the numbers:
    SW-5 (HK-94 clone): $1200 if you're lucky, Mags $30-50 each
    AR upper: $400-700 (I forget exactly how much)
    Ruger PC9: $350-400 (depends on condition)
    Cobray CM11: $300 dealer price (probably $350-375 retail)
    Kel Tec 9mm: $300 retail (if you're lucky)
    Hi-Point: Seen 'em for $150 NIB in person with lifetime warranty

5. e968887

e968887 G&G Newbie

Just by any chance that you know any information on Colt R0636 (CAR-9 or SMG-9 whatever they want to call it)? I am looking for information on this SMG (both literature and pictures). They were used by DEA CLET team in the 80s. Many Thanks

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    ASA is now offering the 9mm carbine and also in the kit form (less the lower receiver). It doesn't look like a bsd deal at all. I just heard that they have terrible customer service. still looks nice tho. Good Shooting! Eric

7. I have searched high and low for info on the Colt 9mm and have come up short. Maybe a SWAT link has the info....

I'm going to look into an LEO Colt 9, but I don't think it will be that compatible with my dept issued ammo (115gr JHP +p)
    A DPMS Colt or Bushmaster 223 is prob in my future...

Thanks for the info guys

8. AJY

AJY G&G Newbie

I had a colt leo 9mm carbine, sorry dont remember model #, sold it to one of the other guys in my department about a year ago. It shot all ammo even hollow points without problems. Gun can still be purchased new from colt LEO dealer and mags are easy to get from same (32 rounders).

9. Darn it! I broke down and got the Colt LEO nine - now I'm going for the Bush M-4. Range reports to follow.
    On another note, I just got a mean Mossberg 590 A1 which I am hoping to qualify on at my job. I can't stand the Benelli we have..

I think the preban AR will remain in the safe

Any other 9mm info please keep posting!