Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9mm ruger carbine, Which I purchased a few years ago from a pawn shop. It is a great gun, lightweight,short and very accurate for the barrel lenght.
I read somewhere that it was originally produced for law enforcement.
For urban use. I am pretty sure the model is a P9 carbine.
On the receiver it only say's " Ruger Carbine" no model name or number.
On the other side of the receiver is 9mmx19 stamped near the magazine.
The serial # is 470-11824.
The receiver has scopemounts built in to receive a scope.
I read somewhere that it was also available with ghost sights.
I do not know what ghost sights are.
Where can I go to date the gun?
And what exactly are ghost sights?
The sights on it are a rear adjustable, front fixed with a V tang and blade.
Who ever had the gun before me had painted white dots on the rear sight and painted a white line on the top of the blade sight.
Does anyone have one of these?
It is one of my favorite guns.
Any info would be appreciated. ~JJ~

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Capt, thats it. It's a PC9. ~JJ~

I went to alot of PC9 forums and as usual for any gun, it is a love em or hate em attitude. The PC9 seems to be compared to the Marlin camp gun and the Hi point. The PC9 is considered pricey. But I have to say, that Hi-point is one butt ugly gun. I think the designer was stoned when he designed that thing. What was he thinking with that wavey thing?
I know looks have nothing to do with perfomance, but Jeez that thing looks like it would explode when fired. Just my opinion, but it looked like the difference between a volkswagen and a Mercedes. Again just my opinion. ~JJ~

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Ah Jetty Jay, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the old saying goes. And a little dressing up goes a long ways.....

Hi Point 9mil/w ATI stock, Aim Point, and barrel shroud...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes it may not be the prettiest thing you ever saw but remember the BUG. Also just think Volkswagen owns Rolls Royce and Lamborghini.

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Thanks Capt, thats it. It's a PC9. ~JJ~

I went to alot of PC9 forums and as usual for any gun, it is a love em or hate em attitude. The PC9 seems to be compared to the Marlin camp gun and the Hi point. The PC9 is considered pricey. But I have to say, that Hi-point is one butt ugly gun. I think the designer was stoned when he designed that thing. What was he thinking with that wavey thing?
I know looks have nothing to do with perfomance, but Jeez that thing looks like it would explode when fired. Just my opinion, but it looked like the difference between a volkswagen and a Mercedes. Again just my opinion. ~JJ~
I had a PC9,and some LEO agencies use them. i consider it a heavy duty 9mm carbine,mine was accurite and reliable right out of the box.
The only fault I had with it was the lack of accessories,folding stocks etc. and the difficult tear down.
I consider it one of the best 9mm carbines on the market.
My personal carbine now is the Uzi semi-auto.
Congratulations on you 're fine carbine.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts