close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9th and 10th Ammendments

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Has anyone really thought out what the result would be if the 9th and 10th Ammendments were actually enforced bt the Attorney General? I think Ashcroft and others will NOT strike down any state gun laws on the basis of the 2nd, 9th, and 10th Ammendments to the Constitution because they are afraid of the potential consequences. The Federal government would have to be drastically overhauled with many departments eliminated, such as the Postal Service, EPA, Labor, Education, and so on.

2. Artillius6918

Artillius6918 G&G Newbie

Fla.
    Honesty, the best policy

The sad part of all this is I am not sure of the exact, or approx., for that matter, text of either of the two amendments you are refering to. And, after much thrashing about my casa, I am unable to locate my copy of the constitution. So, commenting stricktly from ignorance I will say this: It has been my experiance that the gummit' and police and irs and trreasury and just about any other segment of the goverenment seems to be able to do as they darn well please with, what can only be described as, total immunity. Period! So, with that being said, I suggest you rethink what you thought and continue to remain alert. Why? Well, I think we are in for some real changes and they are'nt going to be pretty. Just my opion.

:eek: :eek:

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The 9th and 10th ammendments say that the government can not do anything not specifically listed in the constitution.

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i'm in the same boat as arty. i remember the 10th as saying any powers not enumerated in the constitution are reserved for the states. when was the last time we truly had a constitutional republic any how. the supreme court makes laws by judicial ruling, the president sidesteps the lawmaking process with executive orders, same with the various depts. making rules and regulation no matter what.:mad:

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The president can not sidestep laws using executive orders, though Clinton tried. Executive orders are simply orders given to federal employees; they have NO authority over non government employees.

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Klaus: Do you mean a federal executive order would be something Clinton might have said like "Put that cigar somewhere interesting" to one of his subordinates?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2002
  7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yup, or rush a bunch of illegals through INS if they promise to vote democrat.

8. Artillius6918

Artillius6918 G&G Newbie

Fla.
    Say what?

Klaus, I am wondering if I am dreaming and if this nightmare is true! If you are right, I am at a lose to explain the attacks the irs and the atf have commeted against the american people. Don't forget WACO and Ruby Ridge. It seems the me the constitution speaks directly to the gummit and says it shall not allow military forces to be used against it's citizens yet, and I know how they did it, they did and, to make matters worse all, the criminals (gummit' agents) were then promoted as they were in the Ruby Ridge cases. I'm sorry Klaus, you are living in a fantasy. And, I'm sad to say, it would appear that many americans are too. They think they still run things and the gummit' can be trusted. Bull####!!!! In fact, things have remained just as bad as they were when the Klintons were in office. I am saddened to think that this is the truth but, just look around. Ask yourself: "If they did all those terrible thing, and nothing happened to them, then, why would they not be made more bold in the future, requiring, (losing patience with thier children, if you will) less provoking for thier next attack against the people!" Example: Ruby Ridge= one family! Then, Waco= Whole families(nearly 100. Women, injured and children)! What can we look forward too? Well, if history is the model............
    Thanks for the support Papa G

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D Now that I've regained my composure, Klaus, please don't view my response as an attack. I just feel that the gummit' has been running wild for so long, they will stop at nothing to gain or accomplish what ever little cloak and dagger task they deem to be important. The Founding Fathers would be spinning in thier graves if they could see what has happened to the gummit', how thier grand design was raped and perverted. They were, on the whole, great and brilliant men. Too bad we don't have more heros, like them, around today.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2002