A Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rod, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

Been on the road for a while and came back to the new forum look. Before I left I posted a question about the movie "Band of Brothers" and I didn't get to see if there were any responses or not. Don't even remember which forum I posted it on. But my question was: Did any of you see the scene in the movie where Capt. Winters unloaded a garand by reaching down into the receiver and seemingly making the clip release all its rounds into his hand? I suspect this was a bit of Hollywood, but is there something about the garand here that I don't know? Is it possible to release the rounds in this manner?

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Rod,glad you made it bud. I haven't seen the movie yet,gonna have to check it out.

3. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

Push the clip release on the left & it should eject clip and ammo .

Wyr
    God Bless

4. Reach across top of receiver with right hand, putting palm of hand over top of clip and rounds, with fingers on the clip latch on left side of receiver. Depress clip latch with fingers of right hand and Voila! the clip with ammunition is magically deposited in the palm of right hand. Seriously, it takes a little practice if it's a partial clip, but does work slick.

Regards,
    Hal Beatty

5. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

Loose rounds

It seemed that in the movie he just released loose rounds into his hand without the clip. I'll look at it again, but I'm pretty sure he had a handful of loose rounds with no clip. I guess they took a bit of license to shorten the scene, avoiding him having to remove the rounds from the clip.

6. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I thought you meant loose rounds,but wasn't sure. Maybe it was a CAI. hahaha.

7. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

Ha, might have been, or certainly the one in the scene where the GI is cycling the action trying to get it to chamber a round. :) I wish I had one of those Hollywood garands. They must have 100 round clips in em. I've seen soldiers kill 10 or 12 enemy without reloading!