A Band of Fellers...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by chesterwin, Sep 14, 2010.

1. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

With the recent passing of Mike aka Arkansas Hunter and the recent server problems I've done a bit of thinking.

I stumbled onto a site that is incredibly rich in heart with the members that regularly check in and be a part of all the threads.

If there was a group of folks that are closer knit, without really knowing each other, in most cases. I'd like to see it!

I consider you folks my Band of Fellers as Mike would have put it. Much like the Band of Brothers...

Thank You for being who each of you are and contributing to the brotherhood of good hearts.

Jim

2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Well said, chester....well said and I share your sentiment. :)

Being lost from the forum for the last 2 years (days) served to remind me how important this community is to me. I was found at 2am this morning wandering through the house whimpering......

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010

3. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

There isn't a better band of fellers in the land . I am proud to have this band of brothers as my own .

4. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

tell ya what, this is the best Band O' Feller's in the land. everyone is here to give an encouraging word or a good ribbin' when the time comes. i could reach atleast half of all ya'll by calling maybe one or to of ya if i needed to. this is what friends, or more aptly family is all about, i may not be on as much as i like anymore but that hasnt diminished my friendships, i have gotten to know quite a few of you all here and consider ya'll family. so heres to our Band of Fellers:notworthy: you all rock.

5. I'm proud to be apart of the finest, friendliest, caring group of people called The Gun & Game forum of true Americans that want this country to return to the greatness we once had here. We are starting to take this country back, we know that with out the 1st and 2nd we will lose our God given rights forever. They shall not be infringed! May we turn back to God and may he heal our country. We have made America proud.

6. Chris really started a great thing here and I have met more great people here that I have never had the pleasure to see in person than I have ever met in my life.

7. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

^^^ All comments are well said! ^^^

I really cant think of any better comments, then those already said.

Thanks for being a big family!

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under."
    -- Ronald Reagan

A man WITH a gun is a CITIZEN
    A man WITHOUT a gun is a SUBJECT

Take care, be safe.
    God Bless.
    Chris - Alaska

8. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

I have had a hard time coming around.........I as many have lost a good friend..

Mike would want us all stickin together as he always was concerned that some one would say bye for him iffin something happened to him......This really bothered him..God Bless us all..........

Keep The Coffee Hot And The fire A Blazin...............

9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    To paraphrase the Bard, "We few, we happy few, we band of fellers..."

Henry V knew what he was talking about, there at Agincourt.

10. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Jim, I am proud to be one of the "band of fellers" here. All of you take care and keep caring about each other.

11. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

The "band of fellers" or the "band of brothers", will be hard to be brought apart. A part of life that can't be taken and will bring justice.

12. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I am so blessed to be a part of this family, to have known our Brother Mike, to be a member of " A Band of Fellers " thank you Jim, thank you family. Mike I'll see ya soon feller. Dale

13. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

I'm proud to be here. I've been doing the "on line" thing since I started my own BBS in '89 using Procomm+ and I've never found a better group of guys and gals. I guess either I'm getting more sentimental in my old age or that blasted ol' Razorback went an' digged a hole in me an' left a permanent mark there.

Anyway, sometimes it takes something like this to make fellers understand what's really important in life.
    God
    Family.
    Friends.

......... Nothing else matters.

14. Truer words have never been spoken!

15. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRj01LShXN8&feature=related"]YouTube - Henry V - Band of Brothers[/ame]

16. TheLastMountain

TheLastMountain G&G Evangelist

Band of Fellers, I like it. Proud to be a member.

17. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Jim. It makes me proud to see the comradery i have seen between members of this site. You cannot buy friends. True friends are only made through common values, and compassion for others well being. With a common interest in America, our constitution, and a genuine concern for each other i have seen here, this site has become a good place to pull up a chair and share guestions, answers, and support with friends who do care. Quent

18. I found the newspaper's obituary listing for Mike.... PM me for the link.
    "MIKE WEST
    Mike West, 56, of ********, passed away Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010."

19. surgicaltech

surgicaltech G&G Evangelist

I have to admit I was a little skeptical about joining but that was soon put to rest. I'm glad I joined this site and have to admit that this is the closest knit group of people I've had the priviledge of talking to, if only on line. I'm proud to part of a group that doesn't brow beat your every move and welcomes new ideas and opinions without jumping in your sh*t knee deep. Thank You...