Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
It is a harder recoil. When I reload for it, its pretty much the same amount of powder. But the Mosin pill is 150 grains, the Steyr pill is 208 grains.
Also, the Mosin weigh's more, so besides the fact that it shooting a lighter projectile it absorbs The Recoil better because it's a heavy rifle.snow imo the M95 is one of the lightest carbines I've had the pleasure of handling. Because it's so light and it fires a heavier projectile it kicks like a Missouri Mule. If you run an emblock or 2 thru it laying prone and you probably won't want to put any more rounds through it unless you're a glutton for punishment :)

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Also, the Morin weigs more, so besides the fact that it shooting a lighter projectile it absorbs The Recoil better because it's a heavy rifle.snow imo the M95 is one of the lightest carbines I've had the pleasure of handling. Because it's so light and it fires a heavier projectile it kicks like a Missouri Mule. If you run an emblock or 2 thru it laying prone and you probably won't want to put any more rounds through it unless you're a glutton for punishment :)
I'm not too sure it weighs much more than my Mosin Nagant 91/59's and M38. But it does weigh less than my M44.
But I haven't put them on a scale, either.

Gee honey, does this round make me look fat?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not too sure it weighs much more than my Mosin Nagant 91/59's and M38. But it does weigh less than my M44.
But I haven't put them on a scale, either.

Gee honey, does this round make me look fat?:rolleyes:
Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha :) . I haven't weighed them either but when I picked up my m95 I couldn't believe how light it felt compared to everything else I've got. I guess I just never got that kind of feeling from any other 30 caliber carbine before until I picked this thing up.

Reactions: neophyte
21 - 23 of 23 Posts