Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You think poison Ivy, oak and Sumac are bad, we have this wonderful plant with nice wide leaves uninformed people think would be perfect for toilet paper... It's called Pushki - - aka "cow parsnip"
The oils on the stalks, and leaves (I think flowers too) have a photo-toxin that activates in sunlight. While your backside may experience some discomfort in the form of rash and burning, this will be nothing compared to the open burning oozing sores (literally burns) that will develop on your hands... These sores can last weeks to months and keep reactivating if you don't keep the skin covered from UV.
Very Similar to our "Hog weed", Maybe a type of the same thing. We had a kid in the adjacent county. who wiped his face with it and ended up scared for life and minus an eye. Very bad stuff. We are taught to Identify it and and properly destroy it immediately. It is an evasive species around here, but it has been showing up more and more.

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Out here in Colorado we have a lot of Mullen plants, also known as natures toilet paper. The leaves, not the stalks.
Mullen is a wild herbal tobacco. It has a narcotic effect and was used by the Navajo. It is not native to America. If you develop a Butt itch that makes you scratch your bottom in church, Well!:rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
When I had to cut my underwear up and use them years ago I got smart real quick.Always keep wipes close or cut your underwear up again.
Whatever stomach bug that went around this summer caught me on the lake while fishing.

Lost a favorite Hawaiian shirt.

Got caught unawares, but that won’t happen again hopefully.

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
Yep,it don't matter where I'm at,I ain't gonna poop in my pants.The onlookers will please gather up some wipes,and I say,aaaahhhhhhh.

Shortly after my colon surgery & removal of my colostomy bag, didn't have a choice. Absolutely no warning! :eek:Happened in a mall, where restrooms are not placed for convenience & generally pretty well hidden. Luckily this one was near an employee exit to the trash dumpster at the rear of the mall & little or no traffic. My wife pulled the car around & after cleaning up the best I could, I sneaked out with my shirt tied around my waist.:(

That happened about 15 years ago & we still keep a small bag of spare clothing, towels, etc in the car, but haven't had that experience again. I no longer hunt or fish, but when I did, I would have a half used roll of toilet paper, mashed flat, in my pocket or tackle box.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Ive used a snowball before.
Really abrasive those snowballs.
In warmer wx have used grass.
In past have used sticks
Even used willow sapling.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts