Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BattleRifle is looking at gun auctions and finds an M1 Garand in good shape at a good price... and in a synthetic stock.

BattleRifle points to it as WolfHuntress walks by, rolling her eyes as usual.

"Eww!" she says.

"Why?"

"It's plastic! It's like... a sin!"

I love my wife. :D

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Sometimes, you just gotta take one for the team... go 'head an' buy it and I'll take 'er off yer hands fer, shall we sayyy... $200 + $30 shipping? *grin*

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I think that they look sharp in the synthetic stock, but I would want a nice wood stock all the way. You are a carpenter so I am sure that you could make a Garand look great with the original wood stock.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well, The new owner should get rid of the stock and put on a woodstock right after receiving it!!!

Rob

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That stock looks a lot nicer than the one I was looking at. I'm torn between it and one that's in worse shape but more authentic. Making a wood stock would be on my agenda, but it would be a while before I could get to it. While it wouldn't be a horrid monte-carlo, I wouldn't be able to match the military style as much as most of us would like.

In any case, the price isn't so good anymore so I'm letting this one pass.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The CMP has nice new Mfg stocks available for a reasonable price, perhaps your wife would support that upgrade. My bride of 36 years has done so repeatedly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts