Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Steve Thanks a million buddy !!! Yepper Ruger has discountinued what was to be one of my next rifles someday. If I could spare the money I'd sure bid on it right Now !!! l0l

A year and a half ago I saw a guy on some program on the OutDoor Channel shoot MOA with his 35 Whelen @ 100 yards.
The 35 caliber rifles are awlsome to me.

Last year and into this year Ruger has discountinued not only the 35 whelen but also the .358 win. 280 remington, 260 remington and maybe a couple of others.

I wish I could of bought one of each of these rifle because though they may not be collectors today, they might be in the futher.

Thanks Steve for the link....LOL Now I'll go cry LOL

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I had to come back and take another look and i find the same person selling the 35 Whelen has another Ruger Hawkeye for sale in .358 Win with Black synthectic stocks and mutted stainless steel barrel and action.

Take a look at Ruger's Mauser type bolt action in mutted stainless. This is like my 308.

:

This action is awlsome !!! ...A.H

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Yep, I find those rifles to be quite attractive!!! This seller is right in my own back yard too!!!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
... Last year and into this year Ruger has discountinued not only the 35 whelen but also the .358 win. 280 remington, 260 remington and ...
We, the gun buying public must be idiots. I think if one had Zero knowledge about guns and hunting, but did a bit of reading and looked at the ballistics tables, recoil tables, ballistic coefficients, bullet selection, sectional density and gun availability many might conclude that the 260 is the absolute, no questions asked, perfect deer to elk gun. Yet we don't buy them and this is what happens.

My personal crusade is to help resurrect the 6mm Rem. If the .243 is half as good as people in Texas and elsewhere say, the 6mm has got to be hot stuff indeed.

the 260? probably a lost cause and just redirect those interested to the 6.5x55.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
We, the gun buying public must be idiots. I think if one had Zero knowledge about guns and hunting, but did a bit of reading and looked at the ballistics tables, recoil tables, ballistic coefficients, bullet selection, sectional density and gun availability many might conclude that the 260 is the absolute, no questions asked, perfect deer to elk gun. Yet we don't buy them and this is what happens.

My personal crusade is to help resurrect the 6mm Rem. If the .243 is half as good as people in Texas and elsewhere say, the 6mm has got to be hot stuff indeed.

the 260? probably a lost cause and just redirect those interested to the 6.5x55.
Bob I have to agree with you buddy. I'll just add here the 280 Remington is probable the best caliber to be used in the U.S. for medium and some larger game.
Though it has a big following, it's never done as well as it should.

If my ship would hurry up and come in I would buy a ,358 Win, 35 Whelen, 280 Remington and the 260 Remington all in a Ruger Hawkeye boltaction.

Matter of fact these rifles would be the very first thing I would buy if I was blessed with a huge money windfall LOL Dream on LOL

·
][][][%
2,719 Posts
AH, I thought he was buying it for you in the OP....
What happened???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts