close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A little help

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by blue fox, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Congratulations to your son! That's wonderful news. When one good thing happens it lifts the spirits, making way for more good things to come in.

neophyte and blue fox like this.
  2. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Had dinner with the son last night. He seems to be in much better spirits. Thanks again gang.

rando, neophyte, grizcty and 3 others like this.

3. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Son is in California for 12 days getting acquainted with his new employers. He does seem in much better spirits since this happened.
    However I seem to be losing faith in the human race. Two different animal abuse case on the news today have me wondering what people are becoming and why I should be nice to them. One was a 4 month old puppy that someone set fire to. She has 2nd and 3rd degree burns over half of her body. The other was a dog found in the Ozarks area chained to a large concrete block at the edge of a lake. Apparently someone was hoping the animal would drown. The more I hear stuff like this, the more I want to retreat from "civilised" people and live with just animals in the wild. :mad::(

4. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

That's one reason I moved to the Smoky mountains. Being a refugee from the Atlanta area. As retired as LEO we have witnessed the bottom of the trash pile where these animals exist. As Lt. Joe Kendra said once, he has left some places where he wanted to burn his clothes. Been there. Youngest son married into one of those familys and divorced out. We've always gone through tough times. I try to remember this too shall pass.

blue fox likes this.
  5. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Update;
    One of the things I and probably most cops dislike is making death notifications. Late last night I found out what it is like to be on the other end of one. My old dept showed up to tell me that my son was dead. It turns out that he was obsessed with his ex girl friend and committed suicide in front of their old home which she still owns. I guess I need some heavy prayer this week for my family and his two kids.

6. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yonder
    This is inadequate, brother, but you have a few dozen arms around you right now. Prayers for peace for your family. God bless you, friend.

blue fox and ChaZam like this.
  7. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    There are no words BF. If it is any comfort, I can assure you that all of your family here is feeling and sharing your pain. I only wish there was more we could do for you and yours. I am truly, truly sorry.

blue fox, ChaZam, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  8. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Nothing I say will bring comfort or understanding at this time, but know your in my thoughts and prayers.

May you find comfort in His wisdom.

9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Prayers sent.

blue fox, ChaZam and Jaison like this.
  10. Keeping you all in our prayers !.................

blue fox and ChaZam like this.
  11. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

12. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

I am so sorry for you, and your family.
    Prayers for all.

blue fox and Jaison like this.
  13. Adding my prayers to the rest and my arms around you and your family during this miserable time.

14. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

blue fox: Sir, We lift You, Family, Friends in prayer. Asking God for strength, guidance, understanding, patience and his continued love.

blue fox, Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  15. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Oh man... Prayers for you and your family Blue Fox.

blue fox, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  16. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm really at a loss for words. My sincerest condolences. My the Good Lord look after you and yours and give you the strength to get past this. We're here for ya.

neophyte, blue fox and Jaison like this.
  17. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Thanks folks. I will pass it all on to the family and his kids.
    The only other thing I ask is this; If you are considering suicide GET HELP. The pain, anguish and even anger does NOT end with you gone. If you know someone considering suicide get them help if at all possible. Even if you only spend time with them encouraging them that things will end well, DO something for them. I ask this in the name of my son and his kids.

18. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

There are no words for what you are going through. You and your family are in my prayers !!

neophyte, blue fox and Jaison like this.
  19. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

20. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I may or may not be on here over the next 4-5 days folks. We made final arrangements today and visitation will be Wed evening with services Thursday morning. I am not looking forward to this. It will probably be the roughest week since I buried my Dad many years ago. The hardest part for me will be to keep it all together for the rest of the family simply because I have to. My son had many friends some of those we consider as close as sons and daughters. I know this too shall pas eventually but still I do not look forward to it this week.

Huey Rider and neophyte like this.