Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are not sharp when you buy them. Even when they are shooters. I don't really know if they will even hold an edge well or not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great artical find SKS NOOB, They used whatever they had to get the job done shows how resourcful one can be with the SKS.

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
thank you. quite informative!

·
Banned
259 Posts
Got one of those 'deal' type rec. cover mounts & scope for mine w/ mounts on top of cover. Put scope on and didn't even have to zero it in since it seemed to be right on. Hit what I aimed at. An original sniper SKS would be a great find. Checked out a Russian sniper scope and it was a great scope with windage & distance marks in the sight that eliminated 'guesstimating' shots. Just didn't have the $99.00 at the time. Sold out before I got back there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
That's very interesting information. I've always heard of the SKS being used as a sniper's weapon, but never seen it as something that would actually be don. As for being cut by a bayonet, it would take some serious force. They're not meant to be sharp, or keep an edge really. They're more of a weapon that delivers a puncture wound instead of an actual cut. There's a large difference between the amount of pain from the two, the puncture wound being of more pain to the victim. That's probably why they're dull, seeing how a man in more pain is less apt to retaliate. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
That was an interesting link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts