Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now here is a Mosin to get your hands on:

Mosin/Nagant M91/30 12 Gauge!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
hmmm, it'd be a nice project, but knowing me, i'd never attempt to make an extractor that'd work for it....so it'd be single shot, and u gotta use ur own pocket-extractor :D

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I mean there is such a thing!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
No, I mean there is such a thing!
Steve, you gotta show us the pictures, or the aricle, or the auction listing or something. I'm sure the action is strong enough to handle the load, and I've seen bolt-action 12 gauges before, but I've never heard of it being applied to a Mosin Nagant!

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, no picture yet. Still searching. It is referenced by Karl-Heinz Wrobel as one of the variations of the M91/30.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
So what was it, Steve, a one-off? Or a very limited production run, maybe as a market test for a new gun that never took off?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I saw it last night.... I wont say where :) sinse it looks like swede is keeping it a secret. It was a mosin moddified to use 12 guage shells and holds 2 rounds.

I also saw a mosin 22 cal single shot :)

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tbb- No I have not seen a pic! If you have a pic, please post it! I have only read of it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
blues - didn't the Poles make a .22LR trainer version of the Mosin? Was it a single shot, or did it have a detachable magazine?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
I would expect the Finns may have made it, if anyone. They are The Headquarters of all things Mosin! Lots of interesting variations on the 7.62X54R case.
Also, I've seen post-war shotguns made on Mauser actions - I could see the same done for 'budget shotguns' for the local Finn/Russian folks who needed to hunt small game and fowl.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Arkansas, have you bought that Mosin yet? If not when are you going to join us?!!! You need a mosin!!!
:09:

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AH- It's A M91/30.

Big Dog- It's Russan made.

How about a Russian M44, cal. 7,62x39? In a SKS sock!

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
AH- It's A M91/30.

Big Dog- It's Russan made.

How about a Russian M44, cal. 7,62x39? In a SKS sock!
Now you are talkin' Swede! I would be first in line for that one!!! I love that little x39 round!:09:

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They exist(ed)!

How about a Finn M39/56 in 7,62x39 Tex?

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
They exist(ed)!

How about a Finn M39/56 in 7,62x39 Tex?
:love: Would love to find one when I had the money to buy it! Problem is...I would probably shoot the bore out of it in less than a year!!!!

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
blues - didn't the Poles make a .22LR trainer version of the Mosin? Was it a single shot, or did it have a detachable magazine?
I just got one of the Polish Radom .22 Trainer Mosin's(1956)...It has no magazine, and a very Unique extractor, The lower 1/2 of the rear of the chamber slides back when you retract the bolt, extracting the spent casing...Very Cool !!!
Rich

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You see! We are relegated to M91/30's and M44's! And all of this is out there?

How about a M91 in 8x50R Austrian ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts