Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
And some would probably buy it. Kind of like the pet rock of the 80's.
The Pet Rock was invented in Los Gatos California by Gary Dahl in 1975. Now the Beanie Babies came from that other think tank, New York in 1993. Cabbage Patch Kids were copyrighted in 1978, when they were actually named "little people".

But the most functional little thing to ever come along was probably the P38. If you ever tried to open a can of food,with a knife or bayonet or pliers, you know the value. They have been feeding people since WWII, maybe before. Two things are always on my key ring, and handcuff key and a P38. Not sure why, but they are there and both could be survival tools.

Musical instrument Font Metal Rectangle Auto part

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
The Pet Rock was invented in Los Gatos California by Gary Dahl in 1975. Now the Beanie Babies came from that other think tank, New York in 1993. Cabbage Patch Kids were copyrighted in 1978, when they were actually named "little people".

But the most functional little thing to ever come along was probably the P38. If you ever tried to open a can of food,with a knife or bayonet or pliers, you know the value. They have been feeding people since WWII, maybe before. Two things are always on my key ring, and handcuff key and a P38. Not sure why, but they are there and both could be survival tools.

View attachment 169076
We think alike sir. I also carry a P38 on my dogtags so I know I will have one available. cuff key and opener on my keys also. Plus I have given all of my grandkids one. AND showed them how to use them.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
We think alike sir. I also carry a P38 on my dogtags so I know I will have one available. cuff key and opener on my keys also. Plus I have given all of my grandkids one. AND showed them how to use them.
Yep. I only have one set of cuffs left, but I think they are a survival tool. If the Portland style home takeovers happen to us, we need to be prepared to hold the ones that are not shot or deterred away. I do have some of those huge plastic ties that are supposed to work but steel always works. Probably should add a couple more sets of cuffs.

The first them you show kids the P 38 and tell them you can open a can with it, they says things like, " no way". Then a minute later they are grinning. I have been on hunting trips where it came time to open the beans and no can opener to be found LOL They save the day.

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
Yep. I only have one set of cuffs left, but I think they are a survival tool. If the Portland style home takeovers happen to us, we need to be prepared to hold the ones that are not shot or deterred away. I do have some of those huge plastic ties that are supposed to work but steel always works. Probably should add a couple more sets of cuffs.

The first them you show kids the P 38 and tell them you can open a can with it, they says things like, " no way". Then a minute later they are grinning. I have been on hunting trips where it came time to open the beans and no can opener to be found LOL They save the day.
I have to look but I think I have at least one set somewhere nearby. Might pick up some more sets myself.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I
I have to look but I think I have at least one set somewhere nearby. Might pick up some more sets myself.
I am seeing cuffs for as little as $10 plus shipping and $30 for the Peerless and SW that I carried. I think the cheap ones would work.SECURITY Handcuffs Professional Double Lock Heavy Duty Metal Steel - Silver | eBay

Thinking of survival stuff, I think all my home fire extinguishers are probably all dead and need to be replaced. With all these problems with shipping it makes sense to stock up again on basic survival items. I just ordered 100 each AA and AAA batteries, cheap on line.Winter is coming so folks need to think about the little survival items they might need.

Reactions: ChaZam and blue fox

·
Premium Member
24,159 Posts
I have a number of P38’s stashed here and there as well as my key chain. Got one of those flat plastic folding knives in my wallet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts