Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live an hour and a half from Centerfire Systems over in Versailes KY and they've been advertising Swedish Mausers lately at reasonable prices. Most of them are missing a few parts. Mrs R and I drove over there yesterday and I came home with a nice short rifle missing The rear sight spring and front trigger guard screw. The bore is pristine and its been drilled for a scope mount. I've wanted another Swede since I had to sell mine a while back. Picture coming later.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Later today.

Reactions: ChaZam and neophyte

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Very Nice addition there JR! In my opinion I think the swede 38 and 96 is the finest small ring Mauser to own. About all of them I have ever seen have very nice metal. The 6.5x55 is a really nice cartridge also. That is crazy how the bore disc is gone. You can see the round original setting and looks like two other times it was oval cut for some reason. Anyhow you got a fine rifle there. They are very hard to find the Swede rifles anymore and lately I have seen a few come through

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Congrats JR, she's purdy :) . I'm a sucker for a purdy Mauser but it seems to me that swedes are a little rarer than the rest. I've been keeping an eye out for anyting chambered in 6.5 Swede to go with my Steyr Norwegian krag Jorgensen but thus far I haven't found anything. If you need any help finding Swedish brass let me know cuz my go to Source in Tennessee usually has an ample supply of it :)

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks GS, I've already got a supply on hand. I ordered a replacement 38 stock set from Numerich with all of the hardware yesterday along with some plug screws as I'm not sure I'll scope this one. Want to keep it original.

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Thanks GS, I've already got a supply on hand. I ordered a replacement 38 stock set from Numerich with all of the hardware yesterday along with some plug screws as I'm not sure I'll scope this one. Want to keep it original.
It's all good, He recently sent me 600 or so pieces of Swede' brass that I need to order projectiles for from RMR. nd I need to pick-up asome 303 Brit brass for the smle I recently acquired :) ...

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On doing some reading in "The Swedish Mauser Rifles" by Kehaya and Poyer I discovered the oval recess where the stock disc usually resides indicates a master of weapons medallion was inset there.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If only the plaque was still there !!

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The stock on it was a replacement and the entire rifle is a non-matching serial number gun. I picked up a Williams replacement peep sight and will install it today. More pictures coming.

Reactions: rando

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here it is with the replacement stock and the new rear sight leaf.
IMG_1428.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts