A new CO2 cataclysm

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Rocky7, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:09 AM.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Global cooling, then global warming, then climate change. None of it panned out. They briefly considered Global Weirding but that didn't survive Progressive focus groups and was not released.

Our newest contestant in the "Give Us Total Control So We Can Save The Planet" game is Ocean Acidification. This time we're all gonna die for sure. Really. This is the Big One. Hand over all your dough and do what we say......or else.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/acidification.html

jwrauch, neophyte and TXplt like this.
  2. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

The ocean is about a half mile away, makes me want to take the dog for a walk and relieve myself as well. In the surf.

Brother Bob, Rocky7, jwrauch and 3 others like this.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Rocky7: Sir; interesting

quote:
    These changes in ocean chemistry can affect the behavior of non-calcifying organisms as well. Certain fish's ability to detect predators is decreased in more acidic waters. When these organisms are at risk, the entire food web may also be at risk.

Ocean acidification is affecting the entire world’s oceans, including coastal estuaries and waterways. Many economies are dependent on fish and shellfish and people worldwide rely on food from the ocean as their primary source of protein.

https://www.usbr.gov/mp/arwec/water-facts-ww-water-sup.html

Water Pollution
    • A gallon of paint or a quart of motor oil can seep into the earth and pollute 250,000 gallons of drinking water.
    • A spilled gallon of gasoline can pollute 750,000 gallons of water.
    Sources
    • Aquatic Project WILD; Western Regional Environmental Education Council
    • Flying Start Science-Water; Kim Taylor
    • Folsom Dam Fact Sheets; Bureau of Reclamation
    • Layperson's Guide to The American River; Water Education Foundation
    • Living in the Environment, An Introduction to Environmental Science; G. Tyler Miller Jr.
    • Water Facts; Water Education Foundation
    • 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do To Save The Earth; The EarthWorks Group

Fishhead likes this.
  4. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Evangelist

I've got an old box of Arm and Hammer baking soda in the frig that I'm getting ready to change out.
    I'll volunteer to donate it to the cause.
    See how easy that was!

5. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Stop all shipping!!:eek: It's GOT to be man made! The earth has never changed until mankind got here!:rolleyes:

6. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Every little bit counts. ☺️

7. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

I will play the BS card on this one. ALL hydrocarbons are biodegradable!!!

Junction15 and Rocky7 like this.
  8. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

are you saying hydrogen and carbon can be recycled back into hydrogen and carbon?

9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

:eek::eek::eek: THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING:eek::eek::eek:

neophyte, blaster, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.
  10. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

So, evolution is a wonderful mechanism and produced the biodiversity we see today.
    But, we can no longer allow it to influence biology. Natural changes in things like the orbit of the earth, the suns heat output, the populations of certain species, etc...cannot be allowed to happen! They may trigger more evolutionary changes as the various species adapt to change. If only the dinosaurs understood this, they may have spared themselves the ascendency of mankind.

Jim Rau, neophyte, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.
  11. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Biden claims he gonna stop climate change! :usa:

neophyte likes this.
  12. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I don't think he could stop a bowel movement. But we'd have to ask those that dress and clean him daily.

jerry, Cyrano, Jim Rau and 3 others like this.
  13. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Is tectonic plate movement going to be our fault next? Jeeze.

Brother Bob and neophyte like this.
  14. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I thought paint would dry and gasoline would evaporate?o_O and what do they have to do with Ocean acidification? are they acids?:confused:

neophyte likes this.
  15. I remember is school that the law of conservation states that matter and energy are constant...or
    The law of conservation of mass or principle of mass conservation states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy, the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as the system's mass cannot change, so quantity can neither be added nor be removed. Therefore, the quantity of mass is conserved over time. Can anyone tell me how there can be too much CO2, if the system is as stated closed? I think Al Gore got some 'splainin' to do!

Rave, blaster and Huey Rider like this.
  16. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

One flush of the toilet will pollute a lot of water too.
    But somehow, God created bacteria that breaks it down and cleans the water.
    I guess that's a good thing because I pump water out of the ground on one end of the yard and flush it back into the ground on the other end.

17. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

I think anyone who would vote for Biden is just as stupid, corrupt, and senile as he is.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    Cyrano, Brother Bob and neophyte like this.
  18. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

As full of CRAP as he his he must have stopped several bowel movements!!!:D

BigEd63 likes this.
  19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Oh for God sakes! Just plant more trees! One pine tree on your property will supply your family with enough oxygen forever, or until the tree dies. So I suggest you plant more than one! Trees absorb pollution and turn it into oxygen. God new we would fiddle around and come up with all kinds of chemicals that would be detrimental to our earth. It’s amazing how the earth heals itself from us and our carelessness. Remember the Chaos Theory. Nature finds a way.

BigEd63, Huey Rider and K75RT like this.
  20. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I know people who would vote for Satan if he ran as a Democrat. Come to think of it, Obama did get elected ...

BigEd63, Huey Rider, K75RT and 2 others like this.