close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A new handgun round

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, May 21, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

I read in a gun rag that a fella has necked down a 32acp to 25 cal. It can be fired in any 32 auto pistol with a barrel change. It had a posted vel. of around 2000fps. It might just turn the ole 32 into a real man stopper. Add one more to the bottle neck line up. It's still a prototype with custom dies. Might just be a good reason to buy that 32 I saw in a gun shop 1911 style of course.Good day to ya

2. JohnD

JohnD Member

you can get much more powerful cartiges in similar sized guns. But it would be kinda neat.

3. I think I read the same article. If it was in the same rag I was reading there is a piece on this new RBCS ammo that really makes one stop shoots posible. one test had a 185gr silver tip against one of these 90gr bullets. WOW what a diference.
    The 90gr had a reported 2036fps out of a 45acp.
    I found it a little hard to swallow so I sent the guy a copy of my ffl and he's sending me out some test ammo. I'll let you know how it makes out in my tests.

4. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

2000 fps seems awful hard to believe. Did anyone chrony the load?

5. JohnD

JohnD Member

It was probably a 35grn bullet or somthing like that

6. Nope I swear I read 2036 fps thats why I called to get test loads.
    I'm gona put them through my crony and see for myself.
    the report souds promising. the guy is sending me info and dealer costs and such too. If he has a web sight I'll post it for you guys.

7. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I did not read the artical..but your discription sounds like a 7.62x25...90 grain load but only aounf 1500fps. CZ-52

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Didn't the Soviets have one of those for a
    PPK knock off ?. I would swear to it in a court of law..more of a communist party status symbol than a weapon though.

9. Nope not the 7.62 its a american made 45 bullet.
    the article was in the JUNE addition of the GUN WORLD mag. its down at the shop right know or I would tell you what page its on.
    It had several loads in it. like the 357 SIG the 40 S&W and the 45 ACP. The guy developed this ammo to increase bullet cavitation.
    the one I remember was the 45 comparison with a clay block where the silver tip made a hole the size of your fist and the test round blew half the block away. the 357 Sig was equaly impresive in the article. I ordered my test rounds in 45 Acp. and will let you know how they do when they arrive.

10. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

The rag is Gun World the .45acp round in question is 90grn. at 2036fps and a 115grn at 1650fps. The article is in the June issue on page 57. You all have yourself a good day.

11. Thanks Jack O,
    I was begining to think I was the only one who saw it.