close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A nice surprise from the Wife

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Came home from a weird day at work...I love doing payroll....and found a box in the liveingroom...Wife said it came from SOG....Well I know I did not order anything and I doubted that they would send me free samples so I opened it...Seems wifee poo ordered me a French MAS 36 in .308....even picked up 40 rounds of ammo for it. See said I told her I wanted one a few months ago but did not know who sold them....said she seen it in the flyer so she ordered it.
    This has got to be one of the stranges rifles I have seen...but aside from looking diffent seems in grat shape...no cosmolin, bore looks nice,Wood looks good, bolt and rifle serial # match and the bayonet attaches and comes off as expected.

Ok guess Ill have to cut back on the wife jokes for a wile...
    Does anyone know much about these things? I cant figure out how to open the magazine latch on the bottom or take the bolt apart to clean it. How are these things sapose to shoot?...guess Ill find out tommor how this does...but any thing I should know about..ie big problems?:D

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I am certain it wasn't originally a .308., it probably was rechambered with a chamber insert...If it is... watch your ejected casings to make sure the insert doesn't eject with an empty casing unknown to you making your rifle much more interesting in terms of chamber pressures, split casings, unsupported case necks, etc and all the interesting possibilities that they entail

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I think you already know how lucky you are...My wife tells me I have too many

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    my wife actually bought for our 4th anniversary my mod 700 308 (with my father in law's help) she also got my 10/22 when my son was born 13 yrs ago. he shoots it now when we go to the range. matter of fact he shoots the .308 with 100 grain speer plinker reduced loads. She has "authorized" plenty since not to mention ammo, reloading stuff. not enough space to cover the bow and fishing poles. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to that. Think I'll hang on to her for a spell. :)

5. You might wanna consider keepin' that wife Dog...fer sure. I know I would...I mean if she were mine...I mean I don't know her...I mean......nevermine. Just keep her, lol.

Wish you well with the gun...keep us updated..OK?

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Good woman ya got there,what did you do to deserve her?

7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Yeah,
    She's a keeper. Deserve?? I gues a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then ;)

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Of course. Hogs use their noses, not eyes, to find food. :)

9. wes

wes G&G Newbie

If mine bought a gun,it would be for her,to shoot at me.

10. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Trust me Wes that what I thought she got it for. :)