Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
20191105_195357.jpg
20191105_195433~2.jpg
20191105_195500~2.jpg
20191106_122601~2.jpg
20191106_121446~2.jpg
I decided a month or so ago that I needed a 41 Remington Magnum lever action to accompany the Ruger revolvers I have in that caliber. So Sat. which was my birthday I went to my favorite gun store (Past & Blast) and it was also their 10th anniversary celebration. I looked at and handled a whole bunch of stuff and ultimately ordered and paid them for a Henry Big Boy carbine in 41 Remington. About 2:15 PM this afternoon Lisa from P&B called to inform me that it had arrived. I found a shirt and my boots and drove up there. I filled out the 4473 and began once again perusing there extensive inventory and just a few minutes before their 6:00 PM closing I had them add a Henry 22LR lever action to my 4473. Paid for that then and HEY I'm done shopping for awhile.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had a feeling you would get the 41 mag lever action back when you bought the first revolver
Yep, I've been mulling it over for awhile. The bad thing is that the gun store where I got all of this stuff now has another one of those 41 Magnum Ruger SBH Hunters now also... I didn't need the 2nd one I bought and I certainly do not need a 3rd one... LOL

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Yep, I've mulling it over for awhile. The bad thing is that the gun store where I got all of this stuff now has another one of those 41 Magnum Ruger SBH Hunters now also... I didn't need the 2nd one I bought and I certainly do not need a 3rd one... LOL
I've never seen a triple gun rig on any of the old westerns, I have however seen a double gun rig worn with a double shoulder deal so they could carry 4 revolvers, but that might be showing off a bit. lol Now if you can get one load to work well in all 3, that will be the true test. Have fun with your new toys.

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Fantastic, Rex! That’s some quality heat you picked up. Please post a review if you get a chance.

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of those rifles, brother. They’re beautiful.

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to attempt to do some editing on the first post. If I mess it up too bad to save I'll start another post. LOL:eek:o_O

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
yeah the pic's go to a blanked out page here on the site.

I'm totally holding out for a 41 mag with the loading gate.
the wait is getting long enough I'm considering sending one of my 92's off for a barrel exchange.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
SWEEEEEETT!!!

VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Indeed!!

Reactions: neophyte and ChaZam

·
Old man, No tact...
12,367 Posts
"I didn't need the 2nd one I bought and I certainly do not need a 3rd one... LOL"

What does "need" have to do with anything? If I "needed" any of the guns I have I'd be in trouble. :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum
19,409 Posts
What? You forgot your pants!?!?!

Happy Birthday Friend! I think I'm gonna do the same thing you did but with a 44-40, and not a Henry either. Why? Cuz I can!!!!!!
NO, he didn't forget his pants. He was just in such a hurry:D

Bet he put his boots on in the truck while drivin to the gun shop:D

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"I didn't need the 2nd one I bought and I certainly do not need a 3rd one... LOL"

What does "need" have to do with anything? If I "needed" any of the guns I have I'd be in trouble. :rolleyes: :eek:
Yes sir Jay, I've been known to say "NEED IS FREQUENTLY CONSUMED BY WANT"...

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found this inscription on the barrel of the BB 41 Rem. Magnum interesting. I had no idea that Henry had facilities anyplace other than Bayonne, NJ. Could this possibly signal that they are contemplating a move to a more firearms friendly domicile? (the 22 is marked Bayonne, NJ)
20191106_193756~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the rear sight of the 41 Magnum the itty bitty plate with the white diamond can be removed by loosening the tiny screw. Then you can select either the "U" shaped notch or the "V" ... When I get outside in decent light I'm going to decide which I prefer and the put a wee dab of 242 Loctite on the threads.
20191107_205312~2.jpg
20191106_122601~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
View attachment 130430 View attachment 130432 View attachment 130434 View attachment 130436 View attachment 130440 I decided a month or so ago that I needed a 41 Remington Magnum lever action to accompany the Ruger revolvers I have in that caliber. So Sat. which was my birthday I went to my favorite gun store (Past & Blast) and it was also their 10th anniversary celebration. I looked at and handled a whole bunch of stuff and ultimately ordered and paid them for a Henry Big Boy carbine in 41 Remington. About 2:15 PM this afternoon Lisa from P&B called to inform me that it had arrived. I found a shirt and my boots and drove up there. I filled out the 4473 and began once again perusing there extensive inventory and just a few minutes before their 6:00 PM closing I had them add a Henry 22LR lever action to my 4473. Paid for that then and HEY I'm done shopping for awhile.
That's awesome Rex. I like my lever rifles also. They sure are a perty pair of Henry's you bought. I have at least a few myself. I like any lever action actually. The Henry's have really nice wood stocks. They will bring you many years of pleasure

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
you use that extra screw and slide to fine tune the sights to your load.

the sliding ramp and notches equal about 3"s 'per click'.

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
I've never seen a triple gun rig on any of the old westerns, I have however seen a double gun rig worn with a double shoulder deal so they could carry 4 revolvers, but that might be showing off a bit. lol Now if you can get one load to work well in all 3, that will be the true test. Have fun with your new toys.
Call him "Josey"?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts