Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT A LEVER GUN THAT MAKES ME SMILE, EVERY TIME I SHOOT ONE, NO MATTER WHAT CALIBER IT IS!

From 22LR to 45-70, they ALL are PERFECT FUN!

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Hell yeah Rex, congrats. Ya' just can't go wrong with a purdy' pair o' Lever Gun's :) ...

Reactions: neophyte

·
Premium Member
24,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Something else Henry has is a very nice printed catalog. I stumbled onto a link to request it on their website and it arrived in just a few days. It has 86 pages between the front and back covers. It contains good quality color pictures, large print, and a lot of pertinent info about their inventory and product line. Also in the large envelope with the catalog was a few brochures, window decals, and a thank you letter.
20191113_134001_HDR.jpg
20191113_134124_HDR~2.jpg

·
Global Warming Enthusiast
3,962 Posts
How did I miss this thread? Well congrats anyway and happy belated Rex! From your fellow two-Henry rifle owning friend. ;)

Something tells me our man runfiverun has us both beat by about a country mile though...

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
the 86's are nice.
you can probably pick up a miroku made browning for about a grand.
only thing about them is they were cut directly to saami specifications and have a pretty short throat.
easy peasy to cut them longer by hand though.

they also take tier-2 loads no problem, which is about all your shoulder will want anyway.

heck all of the Browning lever guns are nice, as are the new Winchesters.

if you look at the past originals and compare them to an ounce of gold at the time you'll see they track along dollar for dollar to todays prices pretty closely.

·
Global Warming Enthusiast
3,962 Posts
the 86's are nice.
you can probably pick up a miroku made browning for about a grand.
Same thing really right? Doesn't Browning pretty much own Winchester or vice versa? Anyway yeah, my buddy just got a Miroku model 70 Super Grade and it's a really nice rifle.

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
they were partnered up under the FNH banner most recently, but they had started way back before that.
if you look at the Browning gold shotguns and the win super-X guns they are identical mechanically but not the same gun.
Winchester makes Browning marked ammo,
and don't buy into it being better because it says Browning on the box.
quite often it is just a dressed up [hull]promo load with the same cheap internals as the 20$ promo packs.
the B-92 is miroku, many win model 100's were Miroku also, so were many of the Charles Daley 100 copy's.
it wouldn't surprise me if the Browning 425/725's, and Win model 92/94's were made there now.

many gun parts and even ammunition is cross contracted.
up until recently a lot of Federal shotshell ammo was made by Rio with powder and shot made in Spain and assembled in a Plant in Texas.
they still buy their shot from them, but have partially switched over to copying the hull Rio was making for them.

anyway Winchester is pretty much FNH now and Browning is a sister company.
probably good for Winchesters quality from where they were, compared to the direction Remington is going.
except for a few things such as reloading brass and shot shell hulls, Winchesters overall quality is 2 steps ahead of remingtons right now.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts