close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

a problem with my keng

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 7mmag6, May 5, 2002.

1. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

after shooting maybe 4 or 5 20 round clips ive run in to this ,the rifle seems empty and pulliing the trigger affirms that is empty, but when I pull the clip there are maybe 4 or 5 rounds left, when I put the same clip back in to the rifle with the same five rounds it cycles as normal, its good wolf ammo, could it be because of my bulgarian made clips? whats up, or is this a more serious problem

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Try oil. I use oil on all my mags and they never jam. When loading ammo with oily hands, it lubes them up too.

3. If the oiling and cleaning of your mags doesn't work you may have to go shopping for some new 30 rounders.Your gun isn't a POlytech is it?

4. I've never heard of a problem like that with a POLY, First try removing the floorplate from the mag and remove the follower. Check to see if it isn't a dirt problem. I've also heard of problems wih hollow points with poly's, or it may just be a bad mag..

5. It may be that the vibration(no there is none of that in an AK) is loosening the mag enough to drop it down so that the action thinks the mag is empty. Try slapping the bottom of the mag and working the action with out removeing the mag if that makes it work you may need to get new mags or try and tighten the fit some. Oil and cleaning is allways a good start. Wolf is good ammo but the steel cases are harder and sometimes stick a might. my AR mags have this problem with wolf ammo. I can't remember who on this post said that they oil their rounds and rotate their mags but its a real good idea messy I know but it works well in my AR. My AK eats everything its so loose nothing sticks can't hit crap with it but I love to spray the back stop any chance I get.