A Request

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 3, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

A while back Ezearln created a thread in the Favorite Cooking Recipes forum titled Camp Cooking. What he wants to do is to create a G&G cookbook to share. I would ask my friends here to go to that thread and contribute a story and a recipe. I think it is a great idea, and would personally love to have that cookbook. Thanks!

2. I'll have to get my freind Tom to put in his recipe for Elk stew... Yummy.

3. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

mmmmmm......varmint stew anyone? dont ask what it has in it.

4. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I have a couple camp recipes I can add to the thread! But, I forgot how to cook!:09:

5. SwedeSteve

COME ON YOU GUYS !!!!

6. The Elk stew is for real... and like I said, mucho yumero.

7. SwedeSteve

It would be awesome if you could relate a story to the recipe! My first Deer Camp, or a Great campsite meal you prepared, etc. Not necessary, but would add, uuhmmm, flavor Yuch Yuch Yuch!

8. Any story i would tell would start out "This is no crap..." Is that ok?

9. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

LOL
    +1 geo
    Me too!

10. SwedeSteve

Thanks for the post Tex!

11. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

That is some great camp cookin' vittles! Gets better the next day as well. Kurt Gowdy Beans even keeps the tent warm and the bugs away!:09:

12. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

but the odor!! phewwww

13. Thank You for posting this Swede! A note to all those who would like to contribute is I have added another thread in the powder keg titled G&G's First Campout Cookbook with the same request and Swede made a good point we don't just want the recipes but the stories behind them or when you used them that are most memorable for whatever reason. Thanks all !

14. SwedeSteve

All right you bunch of Mosinitis infected nare-do-wells, let's get on it, please!

15. Alright Boys and Girls, the point of this is to pass along tradition as much as it is about the meals and how to prepare them! My point in doing this isn't to profit but to contribute. Think about it a way to pass precious memories to posterity in a way that is both useful AND entertaining, what is your favorite memory of the outdoor experience, learning to fish with Grandpa? Your very first kill in the field? What was the story tell us, it's really worth sharing! What of the meal? Was it just beenie weenies and some stale bread or was it something more? My friends everything tastes better in the great outdors from simple breakfast foods to a roasted tenderloin. What I want is to preserve and share those memories and perhaps influence one anti-hunter/fisherman that it is far more than just the kill.

16. SwedeSteve

17. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

i got a few hunting recipes....they were the ones my grandaddy used....but i doubt many ppl still eat boiled squirrel brains (i'm actually serious...yuck!!!)

18. SwedeSteve

They'd still be worth including.

19. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

aight....i'll see if i can get my mom to tell me how to do the different ones, my g-daddy passed away long while back....

20. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

My grandfather did !!