A truly amazing pistol!

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by Martin Rage, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Martin Rage

Martin Rage G&G Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Words cannot describe how I feel about this blaster. Out of all the pistols, this one makes my inner child go bonkers.

2. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

What is it? Looks kind of cool! .22LR?

3. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    what an odd place for a red dot.

I also do not know what that pistol is.

4. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Interesting, .22LR

What is it?

5. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

That is really cool looking, what is it?

6. You may need to step back and re-think.

Frankly, I would not take this thing on a gift.

7. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

RRA makes a gas piston AR based 'pistol' that looks somewhat like the one in the pic. For the average shooter, I see no purpose. For the drive-by practioner, maybe, with some illegal modifications to allow burst or full auto fire. For LE, I would still have to wonder. The Red Dot would let you hold it in front of your face while shooting, but if I wanted a gun with the characteristics of that thing, I would go for a green laser. It looks like it's chambered for something a bit more serious than the .22 LR, based on the see through magazine contents, but the glare makes it hard to tell for sure.

Whatever, unless you wear a trenchcoat for your daily dress, you aren't going to be concealing it.

8. drtybykr

drtybykr G&G Newbie

Lol, that is a tec-22, AKA jammamatic:)

9. Martin Rage

its a tec 22 my friend got for 170 bucks at the gun show. We cleaned the rust off, he replaced with extractor with a 10/22 one and uses steel lipped 10/22 magazines. It was a jamtastic POS and now it is a reliable fun toy. I am dying to shoot it now that it is reliable.

10. DaTeacha

Okay, I was way off. The RRA item I mentioned is their PPS Pistol. PPS stands for Performance Piston System. It has an 8 inch barrel, full length top rail, is chambered for 5.56, weighs 5 pounds with an overall length of 17.5 inches. It also costs a bit more - $1335 in their paper mini-catalog. The most interesting part of the design is the charging handle, which is out forward, over the handguard, with folding finger grips. You can probably see a pic of this little beastie at rockriverarms.com if you have an interest.

11. Martin Rage

Yea this gun is for nothing more then fun factor. When I was shooting it before we got it working right it was actually accurate, BUT the whole point of this gun was to make it as ridiculous as possible. I love it

12. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I have one. Just for fun. The fact it used the same mags. as a 10-22 was the reason for purchase. I've added an extension to the barrel and although it jammed a lot when new, after being shot a while, it's pretty reliable. I wouldn't count on it as a defense firearm though.

13. drtybykr

drtybykr G&G Newbie

Here is my stupid fun gun. It will run thru a full mag in mere seconds when bumpfiring from the hip.
    [​IMG]

14. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

A lot of so-called Jam-a-matics, when properly broken in and cared for, turn out to be quite the shooter.

Many guns require tweaks to magazines (& other small bendy parts) to be brought to a proper reliability.

It's why one of the first things I do to a used gun after checking out the specs, is to polish the bolt & other mating surfaces...
    anything that slides or glides...needs a high shine. It's not just for old guns, works wonders on new ones too ;)

15. DaTeacha

Yeah. I just got an upper today for my second AR build - 20" SS Bull, 1 in 8 twist, free float tube. I ran about 10 rounds through it to function test it, and things move a whole lot smoother now after just that little bit.