close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A303 rear sight

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by troy h, May 15, 2002.

1. Is the rear sight on the a303 a peep sight? If it is, how do you set for range. I own a couple of Garands with lock bar style rear sights and they are very easy to set the range. The pictures I've seen of the a303's are from the side, and I can't see the sight or how to "click" it up or down. How does it work? Thanks in advance. Troy

2. dhaze

dhaze G&G Newbie

Troy H,
    A 1903-a3 rear sight is much the same as an m-1
    carbine late and post WW2 rear sight. It is a military
    style peep sight adjustable for elevation and
    windage.I believe the early adjustable sights were
    made of forged parts and then later stamped
    parts.

3. Thanks for the post. I must have had one too many when I posted last night; I meant 03A3! I'm not very familar with the M1 carbine(wish I was!). How do you raise and lower the sight? I can't see in pictures of the rifle a knob or anything. The reason I'm asking is because I've ordered an 03A3 from CMP, and now I'am having second thoughts after reading some of the posts. My garands are very accurate(both danes with VAR barrels) and I would like an 03A3 to shoot at JCG matches for a change of pace. I prefer using peep sights, but would like to know how it works on this rifle. Thanks again for the post. Troy

4. DocCombat

DocCombat G&G Newbie

FBNC
    Windage is adjusted buy a knob on the Right side of the rear sight. Elevation is as simple as pushing and pulling the sight with your fingers. There are grooves and numbers to the distance and click the sight to the range desired. Very simple and effective.