close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ABC News: "Confiscation Best Way To Prevent Gun Massacres."

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Apparently this branch of the Democratic Party Ministry of Propaganda has not read the United States Constitution, or the Supreme Court's DC v. Heller decision that establishes firearms ownership as an absolute, individual right. I don't think boycotting these jackasses and telling them why is nearly good enough. I think the time has come for a good, old-fashioned pogrom, with talking heads, newswriters, directors, and producers in the network news divisions as the targets.

But then again, I am of Cossack extraction and we Cossacks don't think much of tyrants who would disarm us, the better to oppress us. Still, Americans would do well to remember that "Our swords are our freedom!" and not let these scumbags get away with their jackassery.

http://www.fixthisnation.com/conser...iscation-is-the-key-to-stopping-gun-violence/

TXplt, PAPA G, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  2. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    At least they are finally honest about the real agenda behind "common sense" gun control and registration. Not surprised about the truth of it, but I am a tad surprised that they came clean.

Progressives are sneaky buggers; don't usually let you know what they're up to.

PAPA G, TXplt, jwrauch and 1 other person like this.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Or, as Clint Eastwood said it best,
    "Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids. <Clint Eastwood>"

Just substitute "confiscation" for "gun buyback program". Basically, punish society as a whole, instead of those committing the crimes. Again, these idiots are blaming THE GUN.

TXplt, Bvhawk, Rocky7 and 3 others like this.
  4. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    They have no idea what they are dealing with here. I don't care what anyone says or thinks. They are not taking my guns away while I'm still breathing. I am a perfectly normal level headed man with no ax to grind with anyone. However I worked hard to buy my guns and ammunition and if it is used, it will be used to protect me and my family from those who either wish to do us harm or insist on infringing on my 2nd Amendment rights.

TXplt, Cyrano, jerry and 8 others like this.
  5. I've debated many scenarios with my mother concerning the use of the 2A to defend individual freedoms. When she comes back with 'but they'll arrest/kill you!' the response is always 'that's why we have the 2A, to fight back against that tyranny'. People have been cowed into believing that the only way to live is to submit. So why do we have a 2A anyway, if people don't use it for it's constitutional purpose?

On an article the other day, some liberal said all conservatives need to be marched to a field and shot to protect the genepool in the comments section below (it was an article on global catastrophe, if I recall right, like global warming). Ironic how they are for the use of guns to further their own agendas. YET with the 2A, conservatives could get a fighting chance to prevent their own genocide from the nutters in the progressive side.

PAPA G, Kmcdowell and jwrauch like this.
  6. It's fairly obvious to me that these fools haven't though their plan through very well.

Let's just say for S & Gs, this lunacy becomes a nationwide thing, and morphs into a total, across the board plan to confiscate every gun owned by a private citizen. Then somehow the federal funding comes in so it can be put into action.

Who in the blue hell is going to be tasked with the job?

Local, county and state law enforcement? I don't know of a single LEO in the country that's that stupid. They won't do it because they value their own lives and their personal firearms.

The National Guard? Nope. See above reasons.

The US Military? Not only for the reasons above, but because it'll be unconstitutional unless 2A gets overturned. Even then the rank and file will flat out refuse, especially those who've seen action in the last 20 years. They're not that stupid!

So who does that leave? UN troops? Good luck with that one...They'll die in droves because they'll be too stupid to refuse the job, then think we'll just roll over and give up our firearms.

TXplt, jerry, MosinRuger and 2 others like this.
  7. It happened during Katrina on a regional scale, so I won't be surprised if they try a national scale eventually.

Remember, law of averages. Seems like they'll try anything at least once.

8. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

It will will be a slow neutering of the 2A making it more difficult to get even the most legal ones. Also near endoctrination of students. Then it will be removed by the people themselves. That's how I see it.

MoDoc, TXplt, Rocky7 and 1 other person like this.
  9. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Since when do liberals really think anything through !! ???

TXplt and PAPA G like this.
  10. Silly me! I forgot about that...lol

TXplt, jwrauch and PAPA G like this.
  11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Remember all those body bags and sealable metal caskets the goobermint bought back around the time of Katrina?
    Try this confiscation, they'll need them for their own.

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Not ironic at all. Tyranny has always lived on the Left. Claims to the contrary are lies.

The_Wardog likes this.
  13. Correction: The hateful post about shooting conservatives in the comments section came from a news article about the hajab-wearing Barbie, linked from drudge the other day. As I recall, the guy was furious that anyone would have a problem with this new Barbie, therefore offered his solution.

They are only tolerant if you agree with them. Otherwise....ooofa.

PAPA G and Rocky7 like this.
  14. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

OK, fix this nation seems to be a radical right wing conspiracy theory site. I haven't been able to find anything on them on my usual bias indicator sites... I clicked on the link and it popped up with an advert saying a 73yr-old has found the fountain of youth. Makes it seem a little suspect. It did however quote the original article in this case, it just made a sensationalist headline.

fixthisnation.jpg

Anyway, I searched for ABC and confiscation (keywords in the title to get you to react similar to National Enquirer) and I came up with nothing on an ABC website. I did however find a Breitbart article that mentions it. Again, a radical right wing site that not known for sticking to details like truthful statements and uses sensationalism to provoke people into a rage.

http://www.breitbart.com/california...ders-part-of-solution-to-mass-public-attacks/

That links to an ABC article that does talk about an "Extreme Risk Protection Order" that would allow family members or police to temporarily take the weapons from someone if they posed a risk to themselves or someone else. I'm not to keen on the police (rather have family members hold them) taking them, but it's up to you to decide if you want people to have guns that you know are on the verge of cracking. I'm just posting the original story for all to make their own decision.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/temporary-restraining-order-guns-stop-mass-shootings/story?id=51042163

PAPA G and MosinRuger like this.
  15. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I certainly don't have all the guns I want, but I have everything I need including enough ammo to keep them going for a good long time. I take that back... I need some more 00 buckshot. :)

16. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Well, I'd just say to any 'journalist' that advocates registration and/or confiscation that perhaps we should begin first with their typewriters, pencils, pens, keyboards, and computers.

Confiscating and/or registering these has equal constitutional validity as doing the same with firearms. Or registering to go to church.

And miscreant liberal fake newsies have done a great deal more to damage the nation than any and all of the privately owned firearms within it.

PAPA G, Kmcdowell and FortyXDM like this.
  17. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

WAIT........wait ......wait for it folks.....

MosinRuger likes this.
  18. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

Colorado

"But..but books and pens and pencils cant be used to kill people" they will say... just playing devils advocate here.

PAPA G likes this.
  19. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

You have to remember one thing. It is an amendment, it CAN be repealed. Remember Prohibition?

Actually it's better to remember what happened when the passed Prohibition. Many people said that what happened would be EXACTLY what happened. The rise of gangsters, bootleggers and a rise in crime. Happens every time you try to legislate morality. Take away our guns you BET there will be a rise in crime, since the criminals know we can no longer protect ourselves and no laws will get THEIR guns.

PAPA G likes this.
  20. It is part of the first 10 amendments, also known as the 'bill of rights'. Therefore, regardless of if they repeal it or not, it's acknowledged already that I have a right to self-defense. I accept the fact that I will then be, by the legal definition, a criminal, but only because they arbitrarily made me one. But I will not submit to that tyranny.

The prohibition amendments were never part of the bill of rights. And if you notice, the bill of rights is seldom mentioned any more these days, and downplayed to be 'just regular amendments' to facilitate the concept of repeal.

PAPA G, Big Dog and Kmcdowell like this.