close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Abomination

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rave, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

The bible says homosexuality is an abomination in rather clear words.Abomination means one doesn't pass go,collect two hundred dollers,just goes straight to ones reward.
    Now as far as this "diversity award" goes,if it fosters homosexuality it to is an abomination and should be sent to the same destination along with the sponsers.
    That's my opinion and I will stand by it even if no one else does!
    :nod: :nod: :nod: :(

2. Count me in there right next to you RAVE.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Homos are going to hell, and parts of this sick society embrace them and make t.v. shows with them as main characters...thats an abomination!

4. Lenny

Lenny Guest

The bible says a lot of things

The bible was written by people who thought the earth was flat. The bible was written by people who thought the sun revolved around the earth. The bible advocates killing and denounces it. The bible does not contain the word abomination. The bible was not written in english.

5. NRAJOE

6. Lenny

Lenny Guest

snappy response

sheep...

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I agree with Rave!
    I used to be the most 'homophobic' person you could meet. Then I figured, for every guy that 'turns' gay, that's one more out of the competition. If every guy on the planet was gay except you, I think you would have about ZERO complaints. Besides, they are going to get theirs in the end.

8. NRAJOE

hah,get theirs in the end, don't ya,i say don't ya get it?:D

9. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hi Lenny,saw your post abut the stupid people that wrote the bible and about the word abomination not being in it.
    I have before me the Holy Bible and in it under Leviticus 18-22 it says"Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind;it IS abomination."
    And to make it a little more clear it also says in18-23"Neither shall thou lie with any beast to defile theyself there with;neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto;it is confusion."
    I submit that it should be clear to any thinking person,even someone with an agenda.
    Might it be possible that you might look at a bible before you go around saying this or that is or isn't in it?
    Might it be possible that you are of the ilk of those that seek to re-write or somehow change history?That seems rather popular today.
    In any event it seems to me that thse folks had the word and aren't as stupid and ignorant as some of us are today!
    You,of course have the right to your own opinion,but don't go trying to re-write history,we aren't your typical pack o'morons!
    Thank you.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Lenny

Lenny Guest

hmm

Rave,
    What language was the bible written in? Please tell me you don't believe that the bible was originally penned in english. The bible has been re-written into english. Many of the translations have been manipulated by the transcribers for their own purposes. I am not saying that the bible advocated beastiality; its just that you are preaching from a watered down and manipulated version of a book written by many different people with many different agendas in a time when superstition and mysticism favored intelligence and reasoning.

11. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Oh boy here we go again,
    Dr. Robert Dick Wilson was the professor of Semitic philology at Princeton Seminary for decades. He was an EXPERT in forty-five languages and dialects. He was, until his death, considered the greatest expert alive in the Hebrew Old Testament. His brilliant criticism of errors and weaknesses in the positions of the higher critical school were so powerful that they were NEVER answered. The liberal critics simply ignored his devastating arguments against their dismissal of the bible's accuracy.
    Over the years a series of authorities, including R. D. Wilson, James Orr, Oswald Allis and Edward J. Young thoroughly refuted the anti-Bible claims of the higher critics. Dr. Wilson summarizes the situation as follows: "In conclusion, we claim that the assaults upon the integrity and trustwothiness of the Old Testament along the line of language have utterly failed. The critics have not succeeded in a single line of attack in showing that the diction and style of any part of the Old Testament are not in harmony with the ideas and aims of the writers who lived at, or near, the time when the events occurred that are recorded in the various documents....We boldly challenge these Goliaths of ex-cathedra theories to come down into the field of ordinary concordances, dictionaries, and literature, and fight a fight to the finish on the level ground of the facts and the evidence." (Dr. Robert Dick Wilson, A Scientific Investigation of the Old Testament, [Chicago: Moody Press, 1959]. p. 130).

12. Lenny

Lenny Guest

Hold on for dear life

I don't know anything about RDW, so it is difficult to argue about his opinions. I can tell you this: RDW never proved that god exists. Nor has any person. Nor has any person proven that there is no god. In order for me to prove tha there is no god, I would have to show you everything in the universe. Then I would have to show you that each individual thing is not god. In order for you to prove to me that there is a god, you could show me one tiny scrap of evidence...something...anything...It is called blind faith for a reason.

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

If every version of the Bible is correct, then why don't they agree. The King James Version is nowhere near a literal translation of the Latin or Greek Versions of the Bible that were supposedly the source. The KJV, NIV, and Living Bible all have differences in the meaning of various passages. The assertions of this Wilson guy are so vague as to be meaningless. It is just a feel good blanket statement. I note that NO specufic references were given in the quote, just repeated claims, phrased differently, that opposing viewpoint were wrong. Then there is the fact of contradictions in the Bible itself, that prove that parts can not be taken literally. Even in the Gospels, there are multiple accounts of events that contradict each other in details. This is something that really bugs me about people who claim that the Bible is the literal word of God. Invariably, when you make them read verses they will grudgingly admit they contradict, then chalk it up to translation errors or mistake in observation on the part of the authors. Then the next day they go back to insisting that the Bible is the literal word of God and act like they were never shown otherwise.

14. Lenny I had a lengthy reply to your post and then decided to delete it --why bother and Klaus you know where I stand.--Casting your Pearl before a Swine. Look it up.
    Rave and Eric-- you know.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2002
  15. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

HMM seems I have followers!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only sheep pf a different color in god's flock.

It also bears noting that religion for the longest time was used as a method of controlling the masses. The bible's actual intent will never be known as none of us has ever talked to God. I find alot of conflicting text in the bible. The old testament seems to play god as a badass and the new testament seems to be all about love and sorrow/forgiveness.

Do you believe god will allow a homosexual into heaven if he repents?

16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Alan, for an example of what I was talking about, look at the very first page of the Bible. In Genesis, chapter 1 verses 1-20 , it clearly states GOD created day and night on the first day, then did it AGAIN on the 3rd day. Contradiction right of the bat. Some people claim that these are just "details" and the main message is the same. When people claim something is the LITERAL TRUTH, they are claiming all the details are true. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2002
  17. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Klaus I am of the sort that uses the bible as a book of inspiration and historical revue. I don't read it as being 100% out of Gods mouth as some take it. I had an argument with some coworkers about women being subversive to man. Some dumba&& punk was telling me its in the bible so woman should listen a nd follow her man.... Another guy was backing him on it, He tried to call me a hippocrite for not believing in everything in the bible. I told them that the bible was written by man and some books were left out of it. He didn't know what to say, called me a liar. The elder agreed with me on my facts but still believed in the bible readings. I also told the young man that sleeping out of wedlock was against biblical teachings but he decided that sin was ok!

Hell we could go all day about this.....

18. Did it again on the third day. Not sure what you are talking about. My Scofield study bible-King James version doesn't say that.

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Alan, the King James Version clearly DOES say that. I do not know what you are talking about. I do not have a Bible with me right now but I think it was verses 5,6,&7 that said God divided the light and created day and night on the first day. Then around verse 18, when when it talks about God creating the sun, moon, and stars (note the sun was created after day and night were divided), it says God divided day and night AGAIN. This was on the 3rd day. So, I am really puzzled why your KJV says anything different. Yesterday I checked KJV, NIV, and NAS Bibles and they all said basically the same thing on this matter.

20. Armorer

Armorer Guest

How did this thread go from fag bashing to bible thumping?

Two guys kissing is about the ugliest thing men can see, heck blood and guts is prefered to this.

But yet two gals getting it on, is very erotic and dreamed about by more men then any other fantasy.

Go freaking figure.

BTW Bible and religon SHOULD be banned as topics here. There is enough killing and such going on in the world already. I personally don't need to see another battleground forming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.