Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a message to provide an "Introduction", so here goes.
I'm a life long hunter, trapper, fisherman and shooter. I've been reloading for over 40 years.
My philosophy has always been, "if ya need to load em hot, buy a bigger gun". At the same time I use every tool in the book to squeeze every fps and ft lbs and accuracy out of each shot.
My approach to the ultimate hunting rifle has evolved from big mags to now I like light recoil tack drivers. I still own a 338 RUM, 300 Win Mag but they gather some dust.
My favorite deer rifle is a custom Rem. Model Seven rebarrled to .250 Sav Ackley Imp. It shoots the 90 grain Hornady GMX (no discontinued) just under 3400 fps.
My attitude towards long range hunting has changed as well. I used to be a supporter of those cross canyon shots at impossible ranges. Not any more. I've cut too many blood trails of non-fatal wounds on game. I respect the game I hunt too much to blow off a bottom jaw or lower leg and have it run off to die and waste.
Well, I've given the Trolls plenty to jump on me about, so let the games begin...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts