close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ads

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by grizcty, Feb 14, 2017.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Howdy,

As of the last couple of days.
    I am having a horrible time, with the new ads locking up my computer.
    Because the ads are constantly refresh themselves.
    When I have a window(s) open on G&G, and be on the web in another window.
    The G&G window refreshing itself, slows my computer down to a crawl. Sometimes to the point that it just locks up.

I have defragged, scanned, checked for updates, rebooted dozens of times.
    I just logged out of G&G, and signed back in.
    Still no help.
    For some reason my Firefox, and the ads hate each other or are not compatible.( esp the TUI.com ad)
    I do not have these problems with my Samsung Note II phone.
    Please advise. :confused:

2. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist

Omaha NE
    Griz,
    I have been using Google Chrome for quite a few years and seem to have fewer problems than with any other browser. Another more independently owned browser system is Opera. Both are available for download on their respective internet sites. The other alternative in the mainstream is Microsoft Edge.

grizcty likes this.

3. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Griz, I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox and have absolutely no ads appearing. I also have the ADblocker and Refresh Blocker 1.6 that can be downloaded through Mozilla.

grizcty likes this.
  4. I've been fighting the same problems with Microsoft Edge. It only happens when the TUI ad is running and large number of others are posting like in early morning or mid evening.

grizcty likes this.
  5. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ironically, Griz, it happened to me as I was reading your post. I have been blaming my computer all this time; maybe it's not. I run Internet Explorer on Windows 10. Never a problem on my Ipad.

grizcty likes this.
  6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I haven't seen a TUI ad, but I know if any site has more than one ad using Flash, Windows 10 loses its lunch.

Huey Rider and grizcty like this.
  7. Txwheels

I run Win 10 and haven't had any problems with it at all. I don't understand why people keep having problems.

Chris and grizcty like this.
  8. Because you're a forum contributor and don't have many if any ads, that's why :)

grizcty likes this.
  9. Txwheels

With the ad blocker I use and the refresh blocker I didn't have any ads BEFORE I was a forum contributor..

ncnascarlady likes this.
  10. Txwheels

You should have a private message.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  11. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I would advise, if you use an ad blocker your access to the site can be limited. I don't push ton of ads for everyone, and have 3 per page, that 2 only load when you get to that part of the page for speed. I don't recommend microsoft products for browsing the site.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  12. Huey Rider

Bummer, I guess since I have Windows 10 and Internet Explorer, I'm SOL.:(

13. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I don't see how you're SOL.
    there are very few ads.....3 tops.

14. Huey Rider

It's just that I freeze up when I'm on G&G and doesn't happen when I'm on other other sites. Not a biggie but gets frustrating at times as sometimes it's so bad I need to log out and go to my ipad (which gives me heebee jeebees all it's own when I try to do certain functions). But as the song goes... I will survive!!LOL!!