close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Adults and teddy bears

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by john_r, Sep 13, 2017.

1. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    jwrauch and neophyte like this.
  2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It is supposed to be a survey. Wonder how many respondents lied about it?

austinjoe13 and jwrauch like this.
  4. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Who would lie and say yeah, I sleep with one?

austinjoe13, PAPA G and jwrauch like this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I never had one as a kid that I remember. And I sure don't have one now.

PAPA G and jwrauch like this.
  6. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

I don't sleep with one, but my wife does....;)

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I don't buy it for one second. Just who are they surveying?

PAPA G and jwrauch like this.
  8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yea I heard this on the radio too day... I was like... "really?"

I've been in a lot of people's houses/bedrooms in my day for work and I would have thought that I would have noticed if there were that many more teddy bears/stuffed animals/ and "blankies" out and about still in circulation..... don't know where or how they got this statistic....

I have a couple stuffed penguins but they are good luck charms for the Pittsburgh Penguins and only make appearances during play offs and the Cup when the game is on TV, (and apparently they work, because they won the past two Stanley Cups :D) but when not in use they get stashed in the storage closet and I have to dust them off from between seasons...... they sure as heck don't get slept with.o_O

I had a teddy bear when I was a kid... I think my parents still have it stashed away somewhere with all my other baby stuff several states away.

The only comfort item that is anywhere near close to my bed when I'm sleeping is my HK pistol on the nightstand. :cool:

People these days... sheeesh.:rolleyes:

PAPA G likes this.
  9. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I totally believe it.
    you can't leave your stuff behind if you ain't left home yet.

10. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT :p

PAPA G and Wicked109 like this.
  11. Maliciously mischievous people.

I might.

Brandhard, austinjoe13 and PAPA G like this.
  12. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hell, I've got a teddy bear, and not just any teddy bear, I have a Ballsy Bear. One of the rudest, crudest and naughtiest talking teddy bears around and he says lots of cool things like :

I've got a stiffie that just won''t quit!
    Kiss my %$*@ing ***!
    I swear, she told me she was 18!
    Squeal like a pig!
    I got your warm and fuzzy right here!
    Whoa! Acid flashback!
    What part of f&#k off don''t you understand?
    Blow me!

& he fits my personality to a T but I don't sleep with him, I'd rather sleep with my ol' lady, so ballsy gets to hang out and keep an eye on my Star Wars collection for me along with my talking Kermit the Frog.

http://www.slinkycity.com/rude-teddy-bear.html

austinjoe13 and PAPA G like this.
  13. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Well let us see what we have here:

The study was actually a survey, given to a college. This means "adults" is an arguable term and could better be described in this study as "People between 18 and their mid 20s."

OK, now that's out of the way we can move on to the fact that roughly 5 in 10 people are women.

I dated a lot of girls in college who still had their old teddy bear on their bed (at least one used it for hiding contraband). In fact, having their childhood stuffed toy on the bed seemed to be a universal fact for sorority girls.

What the study should say is 4 in 10 college students still sleep with a teddy bear, and this is perfectly acceptable for an unmarried young woman, and just a little weird for an immature and/or wussy or effeminate guy leaving home for the first time.

It says absolutely nothing about "real" adults, though it wouldn't be too weird for older single women to have a teddy bear or doll or something sitting on their bed.

14. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I feel all warm and fuzzy at night because I sleep with my Kel Tec P40 by my side. Or maybe because wifey-poo is on the other side....o_O:confused:o_O:confused:

PAPA G likes this.
  15. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

ha!

good one!:D

PAPA G and Wicked109 like this.
  16. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I've got a somewhat related story: When I checked in to the barracks at PI, the duty crew that ran the place were going to place me with a room-mate. We walked up to the second floor and went down to the selected room, they knocked on the door, no one answered, and they used the master key to open. The one made bed in the room was piled high with stuffed animals and decked out in pink and red. The Cpl. said to his lackey, "Uh, I think this is a female room." Which it was - I learned a day or two later who stayed in there. Anyhow, I got a private room out of the deal, at the end of the hall no less. It was as cold as a fridge at night so I had a contraband space heater that I stashed under the sink in the mornings. They never did find a microwave for me but that was okay because I didn't have a problem eating at the Mess Hall right behind the place. You had to watch the clock to get a hot shower though. I think they only supplied hot water for about three hours out of the day.

PAPA G likes this.
  17. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I love.gif 'ed sleeping with a Teddy.
    And I never once complained, when Mrs. Griz wore one. naughty.gif

[​IMG]

Ten Man, PAPA G, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  18. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    You wore that thing?

PaleHawkDown likes this.
  19. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    Never had a teddy bear, I do frequently have a dog jump in bed when it is really cold though.

austinjoe13 and grizcty like this.
  20. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

I'm glad I'm normal but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what the rest of you are. I also believe a lot of you would do something and never in a million years - admit to it. After all, it was Eve's fault.

PAPA G likes this.