close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Adults and teddy bears

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by john_r, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

On my ship, we did have young squid in Gunnersmate berthing (where I got assigned at one point, the only Electronic Tech in there), who made up his bunk each morning, and slid a stuffed Gizmo under the top cover, head on pillow. Don't know if he slept with it though.
    We ETs and EWs also had a rubber chicken on a neck chain that we'd hang on a broken unit, do a chant and dance while repairing it. It seemed to work.
    Yeah, we were weird. :D

PAPA G and austinjoe13 like this.
  2. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

That's how you gauge the cold...one, two or Three Dog Night when it's really, really cold. And we can't forget that "Jeremiah was a bullfrog..."

Ten Man likes this.

3. In my experience, quite a few adult women keep stuffed animals on the bed, although they might not sleep with them, they're more decorative (like those danged throw pillows women insist on having all over the house)

PAPA G and shanebrews like this.
  4. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hell, I've got a teddy bear, and not just any teddy bear, I have a Ballsy Bear. One of the rudest, crudest and naughtiest talking teddy bears around and he says lots of cool things like :

jlI got a stiffie that just won''t quit!
    Kiss my %$*@ing ***!
    I swear, she told me she was 18!
    Squeal like a pig!
    I got your warm and fuzzy right here!
    Whoa! Acid flashback!
    What part of f&#k off don''t you understand?
    Blow me!

& he fits my personality to a T but I don't sleep with him, I'd rather sleep with my ol' lady, so ballsy gets to hang out with my talking Kermit the Frog and keep an eye on my Star Wars collection for me.

http://www.slinkycity.com/rude-teddy-bear.html

5. I had a two dog night in a sleeping bag while droving in the
    High country in freezing conditions.
    A little crowded but very cosy and the dogs never complained
    about me smelling a bit off:D

6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Unless those things have the crotch snaps they are more trouble than they're worth. It's like trying to open a bag of chips, but without ripping the bag, and while the bag awkwardly tries to help and/or yells at you that you're doing it wrong and are going to tear it.

7. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    My baby pic:
    [​IMG]

...and my guard cat:
    upload_2017-9-14_9-11-6.jpeg

But no teddy bears.

Stickman, Ten Man and PAPA G like this.
  8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well I do have a Teddy bear! Last Valentines day Rylee gave me a present. A Teddy bear wearing a pink dress! So I sleep on the left side of a king size bed, the bear got the rightside, did that for a week so Rylee would be happy!!! Now it sits on the bedside table. OH the sacrifice that Manpaw make to keep his baby happy!:);):D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 1:26 PM
    ncnascarlady, Huey Rider and Big Dog like this.
  9. PaleHawkDown

This is only slightly related, but:
    Way back in middle school a buddy of mine asked if I wanted to listen to Metallica's "Black Album."
    This guy had a decent music collection - all cassette tapes of course - but he didn't own a normal tape player. (I couldn't say anything because my tape player was a pre-Dolby recorder that made every tape sound like it was smuggling snakes)
    Instead he pulls out a Teddy Ruxpin and we listened to that entire album as this psychotic toy blinked and randomly flapped it's mouth at the sounds of Metallica.
    Here's the weird part; only certain tapes would make Teddy Ruxpin move. Nirvana's "Nevermind," Greenday's "Kerplunk" and a lot of others didn't make the bear move at all, but Metallica tapes, Slayer's "Seasons in the Abyss," Anthrax, and several other metal albums made the bear look possessed.

Huey Rider, shanebrews and PAPA G like this.
  10. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yeah I remember Teddy Ruxpin, my girls had one when they were little. I put a Bruce Springsteen cassette in him. crazy but funny!

11. PaleHawkDown

So The Boss made him move too?

12. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

On a side note, if you wanna include Harley Bears as Teddy bears, well, we have a passle' of'em on the headboard of the bed :p ...

20170914_131401.jpg

ncnascarlady likes this.
  13. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 8:34 PM
  14. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

CO
    This represents my thoughts as well. I would say that, at least when I was in college, most women still had their childhood stuffed animal.

PAPA G likes this.