Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Yeah, if they get their way, we'll all be forced to "lie down". When are these clowns going to realize that standing up to violence is ALWAYS preferable to lying down and hoping it'll go away.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,373 Posts
The same sort of people who think Gandhi's pacifist solutions actually work against governments or gangs who don't give a damn how many they kill as long as they get whatever it is they are after, control, money or territory. The only reason Gandhi's ideas worked for him and for Martin Luther King is that the British government and the United States government are fundamentally decent organizations with Western respect for human life. Look what happened to the Chinese who tried it in Tianamen Square for the reality of the effectiveness of that philosophy. I strongly suggest that you also give Robert Heinlein's classic Starship Troopers a long, slow read.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
"Lie-In" I guess that says it all about gun control.

Especially the "Lie" part.....

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
sad sad world , when a tragedy can be turned into political agenda. ( i hope no one chimes in about 9-11 and the bush administration, i also find fear mongering wrong too! )

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Someone should go there with a toy space gun (one that's so fake it could never be construed as a weapon), look at all the people lying there, point it at a person and say "BANG!"... "okay, someone stop me..." "Bang!...Bang!...Bang!..." and continue down the line of people lying there on the ground to show that not a single one of them could stop him without having a gun.

Even better would be to wait until he "kills" all but one of the protesters then have a buddy come up with another toy space gun, pull it out from under his coat, point it at the "bad guy" and say "Bang!" just before the "bad guy" "kills" the last protester... to show that a gun in the hands of responsible citizens saves lives.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Well after reading the replies to this, it would seem most, even the ones involved directly to the VT shooting, parents,students etc. are even against the anti-gunners. They are seeing them in their true colors. If only now the VT board or whomever makes the decision to let them or not can only see it, then deny them the right.

As one even pointed out, the students for conceal carry are even staying away.

IT IS A DAY OF REMEMBRANCE! NOT A DAY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
If you guys recall, there was a petition on the VT campus by students to allow CCW permits for people who have a CCW permit. This is not news... but the news is that the petition was run before the attack... and the school president denied the right maybe a week before the attack.

The anti-gunners need to realize how different things would have been had there been someone to shoot back & defend themselves and the other students.

People like the shooter... or any criminal for that fact, does not want a fight where there is a chance people will fight back. Think of it this way... if you were the shooter, would you consider shooting up a campus if you knew there were people on that campus with guns that would shoot back?

Criminals take the path of least resistance... like unarmed people.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The same sort of people who think Gandhi's pacifist solutions actually work against governments or gangs who don't give a damn how many they kill as long as they get whatever it is they are after, control, money or territory. The only reason Gandhi's ideas worked for him and for Martin Luther King is that the British government and the United States government are fundamentally decent organizations with Western respect for human life. Look what happened to the Chinese who tried it in Tianamen Square for the reality of the effectiveness of that philosophy. I strongly suggest that you also give Robert Heinlein's classic Starship Troopers a long, slow read.
Ghandi was a fan of gun rights, nevertheless. Even a pacifist can understand that a well-armed populist is safer.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Ghandi was a fan of gun rights, nevertheless. Even a pacifist can understand that a well-armed populist is safer.
...and "Free'er"; he fought mainly for his country's/people's freedom from British colonial oppression.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On that same note, I was walking past the park here in Idaho just across the street from the local post office, and there stapled to a utility pole (guess they light the lights at night) was a speech from another advocate of gun control , the giver of the speech kinda shocked me. here are the words. the speaker will suprise you
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country." --Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitler's Table Talk 1941-44: His Private Conversations, Second Edition (1973), Pg. 425-426. Translated by Norman Cameron and R. H. Stevens. Introduced and with a new preface by H. R. Trevor-Roper. The original German papers were known as Bormann-Vermerke. I did some further research into their version of gun control and while I dont think our government is currently hitlerian (for lack of a better metaphore) some of the similarities are disturbing:
Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)
  • Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
  • All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
  • Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
  • Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
  • The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
  • Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.
again not trying to be an alarmist, just saying... history has shown a compunction for repeating its self, we would do well to learn from its lessons the first time.

Someone should go there with a toy space gun (one that's so fake it could never be construed as a weapon), look at all the people lying there, point it at a person and say "BANG!"... "okay, someone stop me..." "Bang!...Bang!...Bang!..." and continue down the line of people lying there on the ground to show that not a single one of them could stop him without having a gun.

Even better would be to wait until he "kills" all but one of the protesters then have a buddy come up with another toy space gun, pull it out from under his coat, point it at the "bad guy" and say "Bang!" just before the "bad guy" "kills" the last protester... to show that a gun in the hands of responsible citizens saves lives.

I like it. all you need is something like a paintball gun or even one of those little nerf things. on the other hand, it is their right to "lie in" in protest, but its my right to believe they are wrong.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
That stunt might show them something but it also might get you arrested.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,373 Posts
I did some further research into their version of gun control and while I dont think our government is currently hitlerian (for lack of a better metaphore) some of the similarities are disturbing:

Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)
  • Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
  • All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
  • Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
  • Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
  • The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
  • Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.
again not trying to be an alarmist, just saying... history has shown a compunction for repeating its self, we would do well to learn from its lessons the first time.
I don't recall at this remove which Senator it was that sponsored the Gun Control Act of 1968 (aka "The Omnibus Crime Bill") passed as a kneejerk reaction to the assassinations of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, and as a delayed reaction to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. However, it is known that the swine had copies of the Gun Control Act of 1935 passed by the Nazi Reichstag and signed into law by Adolf Hitler brought to his office, either in translation or to be translated by an interpreter. The National Rifle Association observed at the time that a number of lines in the bill were lifted verbatim from the Nazi law and that the entire document bore an eerie similarity to the Nazis' GCA 35.

The Slick Willy Gun Ban was an extension of GCA 68. And everyone here is well aware of what the fascist Carolyn McCarthy and her HR 1022 would do. The price of freedom is indeed eternal vigilance. The thing is, instead of applying that vigilance to outside forces, we now have to also watch our supposed leaders to insure they do't try to screw us!

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again..."

(The Who)

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
The moral character of those who would do us harm has not changed throughout the ages; only their methods.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
How does that typing sentence go? You know the used in typing class that suppose to use most of the letters of the alphbeth.
"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts