Affordable Ammo?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shane, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Shane

Shane Guest

Can anyone reccomend mail order ammo at REASONABLE prices? Prices look good 'till you figure in shipping and "processing fees". Everyone says Dan's but his smallest order is 500. My dealer either is out of Mak for months or wants too much.
    Thanks!
    Shane

2. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut Guest

Shane,
    Generally the best deals are had when you buy in bulk. 500 rounds is not really considered a large order for mail order companies.

I never heard of "Dans". Get yourself a copy of Shotgun News and order from one of the many dealers there. They do not have a 500rd minimum (though they may have a $30 minimum) and will still offer much better prices than you can get locally.

If all you plan to do is squeeze off 50 rounds every 6 months then save yourself the hassle and just buy the overpriced stuff locally. If on the other hand you are like many of us who go through a 1000 round case a few times a year.....bulk ordering is the only way.

3. troy h

troy h Guest

Have you tried gun shows in your area? I'am not sure what part of the country you live but down here living between Austin and San Antonio there is a show every weekend. The ammo is as cheap as I have see in SG news and even paying tax and entry fees its cheaper than paying s&h.

4. My Mak is one of my carry weapons...I buy enough jacketed hollow points to do the job.

Now and then I buy 100-200 to tune up with and haven't found the ammo cheap anymore.

Seems like when a particular gun gets popular, as the mak was a year ago, then the price of ammo goes up too.

But, hey, the gun dealers are our friends and they wouldn't do anything to 'rake us over the coals' would they? Yeah right.

LOL

5. Shane

Shane Guest

On the other big Mak board (gunboards.com) dansammo.com is famous for excellent service and FREE shipping East of the Mississippi.
    Yes, I'll just have to bite the bullett and order a few hundred.
    Thanks,
    Shane