close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aftermarket grip on the Bulgies

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dennis, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    A buddy of mine got a Bulgie on my advise
    we brought it over here and I went through it. looked fine Except,
    The grip screw for the aftermarket grip,(the one with the thumb rest) was stripped, badly. We where able to install the original grips on it. has this been a very common thing to happen?
    The bulgie he got was full of Cosmoline.
    I took it apart just to check everything, It didnt take much tweaking at all.
    Good MAK

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Can't say I've heard of it happening. Maybe a fluke. Hope your friend enjoys it. I love mine!

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I like the original grip with the star better, anyway.

4. landisbear

landisbear G&G Newbie

when they put on the aftermarkek grips they employed -King Kong and his really strong and dumb cousin. letting them use real power tools. I purchased two, and both were really "screwed up". the screws were stripped, the grips werebuggered, and on one the frame was dented where they tried to overmark a russo/bulgarian mark.
    A lot of care and futzing around later they work fine with Makawrap grips....

5. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Thanks Landisbear I thought it was something like that
    Question: what are Makawrap grips?

6. landisbear

landisbear G&G Newbie

Makawrap grips, and a whole lot more info on the pistol can be found @ www.makarov.com
    a must place to visit for all things Makarov--

7. I have Pearson grips on my East German Mak and LOVE them!

Only drawback is that they are too big for people with small or possibly even average sized hands. Cost is about $20 through lots of local shops and mail order dealers.