close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aguila Report/ CCI CB CAPS

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BAT21, May 23, 2002.

1. I have recently fired the Aguila Super Colibri 22 ammo which has no powder and only a primer charge propels the bullet.

I also fired the CCI 22 short CB cap which had about the same reputation as the Aguila ammo. Both were fired though a Beretta 21A.

The rumor was that the drop of the hammer was louder than the report of the bullet(s).

Nothing could be further from the truth.

If people said that the "crack" of the bullet is signifigantly lower I would have believed it, but to say that these bullets are quiet is a gross mis-statement.

They were quite loud and much louder than a BB gun, ( which I also read on some forums) and I in no way could hear the drop of the hammer. Even a pseudo surpressor had next to no effect on the sound.

I can only say that the bullets can probably be fired by most people outside w/o the need for hearing protection.

But, quiet.... certainly not!

2. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

They are louder in pistols/revolvers than they are in rifles. Barrel length seems to help quiet them.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

YEAH, I GOT SOME CB CAPS FOR NEIGHBORHOOD PESTS. THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SOME STEALTH ROUND BUT STILL MADE A LOUD CRACK IN MY REVOLVER. GOT A GOOD QUALITY AIR RIFLE IN .177 INSTEAD.

4. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

Barrel length is definitely the key. CB's from a rifle are hardly louder than an airgun. I've shot hundreds of them outdoors from bolt-action .22's . Less noise than a book falling on the floor.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Of course barrel lengths are important. The longer the barrel, the more volume the propellant gas has to expand. More volume means less pressure at the muzzle. Less pressure means less noise. A long barreled bolt action rifle firing CB caps is almost totally silent.

Last edited: May 29, 2002
  6. J.A.

J.A. G&G Newbie

When the Super Coibri first came out I bought a brick. Took a couple of boxes to the range and fired them in a Rossi pump rifle. Had my ear plugs in and thought the first 3 rounds were duds. Took my ear plugs out and was amazed at how quite they were. Shot some out of my Ruger MK II pistol and they were pretty loud.
    They made less noise out of a rifle than my RWS model 36 .177 air rifle that shoots 1000fps does.