AIM 7.62x54R ammo, any good??

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by dodge, Jun 1, 2002.

1. dodge

dodge Guest

I see that AIM has 7.62x54R yugoslavion ammo, for $1.75 a 15 round box, I've never shot any yugo 7.62x54 ammo, and the yugo 8mm mauser stuff I bought a year ago doesnt even shoot in my turkish m38(and it's not the fireing pin spring) thay also have russian 7.62x54, I like the russian stuff I've shot in the past(always fires) has anyone else shot any of this yugo ammo??? thanks for any help.

2. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut Guest

I wish I could offer some advice.

I have used the Russian copper-washed ammo and "attempted" to use a batch of Albanian 7.62x54 and thats about it. The Russian has ALWAYS worked great for me, the Albanian stuff makes great landfill since it takes up lots of space and wont go-off anyway. They Yugo ammo is not anything I have tried. Im stickin to Russian MilSurp from now on.

3. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams Guest

The Yugo 7.62x54r ammo from AIM is EXCELLENT! every round fired.... highly accurate up to 150 yards, and shoots hard enuff in a carbine to litterly crack a shoulder. It's the BEST ammo I've shot in my Nagants....GOTTA LOVE IT! :D

4. E-9

E-9 Guest

Bryan,,,, I bet that Nagant 44 puts out a fire ball 9 feet long,,,
    ever shoot it at night or dusk ??????????????????

..............................................E-9 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

5. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams Guest

Yes, shooting it in the dark is a MUST. And 9 ft long muzzle blast???? Dont Be So Ridiculous!!!!

It's more like 20 ft :D

6. -E-

-E- Guest

Isn't that M44 incredible! The best is seeing my friends faces when they shoot it for the first time and then hearing about their bruised shoulder the next day. :eek:

7. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

yeah,what i like is the fact that,aside from the bayo,they don,t look like anything special.then you squeeze the trigger and your world is never the same! ain't it great? i'm currently looking for a nice 91/59,should be even better,if possible.