Aimpoint CompM ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by EviL, May 22, 2008.

1. EviL

EviL G&G Regular

ive had this Aimpoint CompM scope for about 2 or 3 years now and havent had anything to mount it on. i plan on getting an AR15 sometime in the near future to go with it. i was just wondering how much this scope is worth? when I try to look it up all i find is M2 or M3, but all this one says is CompM.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. killer

killer G&G Newbie

Must be the first version. Aimpoints are not cheap as you saw the M2 and M3 go for around $450.00. I've got an older aimpoint with a 1" tube also rare since everyone thinks 30mm is the cat's meow. Not me...I want a small tube esp. with a red dot.

I've tried just about all my scopes on my AR-15 including the aimpoint which I quickly took off. I don't know why but it shot horrible with that optic. The aimpoint was on a BLR 30-06 for a long time and now is on a NEF 30-06 and doing fine...but when mounted on the AR-15 it was no good.

A strange observation for which I have no explanation.

3. EviL

EviL G&G Regular

hmm. i have a 30-06 that doesnt have a scope on it right now. i think ill try putting this scope on it for now and see how it does, or maybe on my .22 mag. i need to put it on something instead of letting it sit around for another 2 years.