Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this stock on Aimsurplus' website, it's the middle one. I can get it shipped to my door for 21 bucks. What do you think the quality would be like? And do you think it would fit my Yugo?

AIM Stocks & Stock Sets Stocks & Stock Sets :feedback:

·
Registered
169 Posts
quality i can't say, you will have to finish and coat it. Teak oil does a nice job. AS for fitting a yugo, it will.

I do like the synthetic stock though. it's pretty sexy

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have ordered one from another place long ago. I do not know what wood it was made from but it was the softest stuff I have ever seen and very bad fit. I don't know about the ones from AIM, may need to call and find out what they are made of.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
If the wood is soft, sand it to your desired finish, put several coats of teak oil on it, and finish it with Acra-Glas. The teak oil will soak into the wood and harden and the Acra-Glas will produce a finish that is near impervious. If you decide to go this route, let me know and I'll P.M. the procedure for the Acra-Glas to ya-it's a bit tricky to work with.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Hey Toolman, is Acra-Glas shiny or?
You can finish it out to have pretty much any finish you want. Applied straight, it is a glossy light amber color which really compliments most woods. It's a pain to work with, but I like it for guns that will be shot a lot. I use it on a lot of my pistol grips.

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you don't want acra glas, i used spray on polyurethane, spar urethane specifically. Acra glas is great, but a pain. 3-4 coats of poly did the job on mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts