Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
not to much, i use to back when i couldnt buy guns.........still fun to do, but im not gonna spend more than 100 bucks on an airsoft rifle when i could get the real thing

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have 2 its fun to do every once in while ya i bought licensed replicas to see if they were any thing like the real deal

·
Registered
702 Posts
Its easier on the nephews than paintball, lotta fun to do with friends who don't take it too seriously.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Airsoft is great,I don't do wars or anything like that,but for teaching my 3 year old the basics of shooting,there is no better way than airsoft.Won't injure her and yet it will still go through paper to see the damage you caused.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
You can teach some very good tactical maneuvering with it...considering it's overall much cheaper than paintball.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have allways had a special place in my heart for the Airsoft guns. At 33 years onld, my wife thought I was nuts when about 4 years ago I bought a Berreta 92 replica at wallyworld. ( The shooting kit with the target trap) But after umpteen hundreds of rounds, that I could SAFELY shoot inside at 5 yards, my accuracy with the firearm pistol's we owned ( 22LR-still have, 22MAG-have 2 now, .380ACP-still have & 9mm-now sold ) went up greatly! THAT was a real surprise to me. Better yet, of all the many many hundreds of shots I fired, it only cost me about $30 out the door because the target trap let me recycle the little plastic "BB's"!

I am a strong advocate of Airsoft guns. Fun, safe, and VERY cheap to shoot / own! Does not beat the real thing. But when you live in the city as I did for a couple of years, or are strapped for cash, OR the weather and/or time simply does not permit a trip to the range, they are a WONDERFULL way to still get in some trigger time in the comforts of your own home.

My wife said " Why are you buying a TOY GUN?!?!???? "
After I explained to her "A hole through a bullseye. is a hole through a bullseye. Does not really matter -theoretically- weather it's with a Airsoft or a .44MAG"
She began to see Airsoft in a new light.

BTW: My nephew has a all metal, highlt accurate copy of an H&K MP5, battery powerd, full auto. Bought it used & still paid about $150.00 for it. I thought his dad had lost his freakin mind! UNTILL I shot it!!! WOW!!! Too much fun!!!
And shooting the Glow In The Dark BB's at night on full auto,,,,,,,,, Freakin COOL !!!! lol.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
I picked up a new G2 GLOCK blow back action Green Gas 6mm airsoft specifically for training purposes. Much more cost efficient these days. And the blow back action help with realism. Though it's not a substitute for the real thing. Just a training aid for when the real thing isn't an option.

They've got 1911's, Beretta M92's, GLOCK's in blow-back. I prefer the green gas version over the CO2 because the green gas has silicone in it and lubes the pellet with each shot.

I just got the thing about a month ago and have really found there's a real benefit to practicing drawing from a holster, taking aim and shooting. First drawing. Then drawing and aiming, then drawing, aiming and taking the shot then doing all 3 with double taps and then double taps and a head shot. All in my own back yard or garage. Talk about a money and ammo saver.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
All this time and I've never thought of getting an airsoft to teach someone to shoot!
In college, we'd turn the basement into a warzone. I had a huge welp (quarter sized) from my roommate who ran up on me hiding in a storage closet and shot me from three inches away! Ahh, the memories, at least until the dean busted us and we had to get on hands and knees picking up each and every single pellet.... most weren't even ours! The rest just didn't get caught I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
I'm looking into starting a sister site about airsoft. It's funny to hear so many of these stories as I share quite a few of them.

I'll let everyone know when we start the site.

·
Super Moderator
4,556 Posts
i dont think airsoft shows up too much in the .177/.22 air rifle section being the bb's are 6mm haha anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts