AK all the way
Every day
Why you say?
Because I SAY! :D

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,200 Posts
Target shooting AR

Trusting your life to a rifle on SHTF day AK.

Drop it in the mud
Drop it in the blood
Drop it in the beer
Use it, Abuse it...takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Full of sand? No problem....:full:

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Seeing as I don't yet have an AR, I can't really honestly answer. But intellectually, I know that an AK can in fact have AR accuracy for the same price. Accessorizability is the only thing an AR may have over the AK.

I guess the real evidence is that I currently have an AK and no AR yet.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the AR-15 for the accuracy and that All American made right..made here

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
I prefer the AK. I carried an M-16 for 8 yrs....not a bad rifle...more accurate than I am.....but does like to be kept nice and clean...and mine rusted like a pig in salt water .....Im also not that big of a fan of the 223 cartrige....a FMJ "ball" in 22 cal just does not "look" that dangrous....for lack of a better word....probably a psychological thing.....to me. The AK's Ive seen in the middle east were beaten up..abused...probly never seen a cleaning rod or toothbrush....but kept working. Even in terms of accuracy for SHTF....urban combat the AK is fine...chest size target at 100-200 yards is not bench rest target shooting.....so 1 MOA AR vs 3MOA AK is not realy an issue in SHTF type shooting. I also like the 30cal of the AK...again maybe psychological but I feel more confadint with the 30cal than a 22cal... All the tumbeling bullet....rumers about both Ive never realy seen happen so..just rummers.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you could probably buy two AK-47 rifles

for the price of one AR-15 :assult:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
if all you want to do is target shoot then get an ar15 but if you want a real gun that has proven itself in every enviroment and has never fail in any of them then get the ak47. i wouldn't mind havin an ar15 but i don't have the money right now. got me an ak47 though:D

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
you guys are comparing apples to oranges with the ar and m-16, the 16 is more robust, the 15 is a civilian version, the ak is one stiff dude, but for me id take an m-16 anyday, the ak is robust, but inacurate over 300 yards ( thats 7.62x39) been there done that, if im going to war id like my buddy the m-16

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Ar 15 Because it is American Made.

The AK is a great rifle
Use it to plow a field in the morning
and shoot imperial running dog counter revolutionarys
in the afternoon!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in your face Joe..

Originally posted by 7mmag6
you guys are comparing apples to oranges with the ar and m-16, the 16 is more robust, the 15 is a civilian version, the ak is one stiff dude, but for me id take an m-16 anyday, the ak is robust, but inacurate over 300 yards ( thats 7.62x39) been there done that, if im going to war id like my buddy the m-16
from a Viet Nam Vet no less:assult: us hardcore civilians were never taught how to salute Mr 7mmmag6 sir so you'll have to settle for :usa:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
by the choices here the AK hands down, more reliable and can take a real wooopin.
the round penatrtes brush better and retains more energy down rang.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Because....and don't be mad at me Joe!

:cool: AR-15!!! Lighter, more ammo! But, i like the AK-47....being practical, if I can only have one for whatever the reason....AR-15 for me!:nod:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: AK-47 or AR-15

Originally posted by FEG
Where have you been for the last four years?!?!
all over God's creation..

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
where i live anything over100 yards is a log shot to take . nuthin but swamp and woods. the ar15 would choke on the mud down here.and i have seen the ak47 punch right through a 10 inch tree but i never seen a ar15 do it. you can run but you can't hide from the ak47.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,200 Posts
All tied...7 - 7 :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts