AK 47 Roll Call!

Discussion in 'AK47' started by dills, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dills

dills G&G Regular

the wasr akv is a great rifle and id suggest as the perfect learner semi auto simple crude and hard to break perfect for the beginer. that being said ive made my own slidefire stock from parts i had lieing around another great example of the ak s ease of function..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbbWXKtxX58"]Home made slidefire stock ak 47 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Sparky680

Sparky680 G&G Addict

I'm interested in the construction of that slidefire

3. Sparky680

Sparky680 G&G Addict

im finally where i want my rifle to be at.

birth
    [​IMG]
    adolescence
    [​IMG]

NOW
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dills

dills G&G Regular

check out my youtube page i give a small walk through of my crude construction of the slidefire...

5. dills

dills G&G Regular

my picture somehow got missing so im reposting..[​IMG]

6. Sparky680

Sparky680 G&G Addict

Thanks I will!

7. Getting the new AMD-65 broken in earlier this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

Very nice! Did you have to modify that railed hand guard to fit the shorter gas tube?

9. No modification at all. It's a made in USA M+M rail from my m10 ak47 variant. It just clamps around the gas tube and barrel. It's similar to the UTG Pro but doesn't have the rail that extends out over the gas tube. I Run an Ultimak/bushnell trs25 on my m10 and decided to keep the AMD lean and mean with iron sights. I might add a Mojo peep sight to it. If I do red dot it I'm likely to get an Attero Arms Bravo mount with a Primary Arms micro dot. AMD performed flawlessly and seems well suited for CQB run n gun.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  10. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

I may get an AMD in the near future so this is good to know. Doesn't surprise that it's well suited for CQB as it seems like a logical choice. Again very nice rifle you have there thanks for posting pics.

11. I think you'll like it. A few things to take note of: If you want to put a standard handguard set on the AMD you will need to modify a spare gas tube. The "clamp" styles do not require it.

The cheek riser from amd65 tech Home is a must have for cheek weld. It doesnt interfere with operating the charging handle and safety when the stock is folded. Gio is a cool dude and its a great product. I also added his sling mount and it held just fine with the AMD flopping around on the move. Echo93 has a cool one too for the AMD

I had heard that the magwells are a little more generous than other AKMs and I found this to be true with mine. Tapcos fit perfectly snug but there is variation with my Surplus steel mags. They all function fine but degrees of "wobble" differ. Mags that fit snug in my M10 are a little loose in the AMD. I might do the JB Weld mod on the dimples, but then again its not that bad. Depends on you.

12. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

^Thanks for the info, friend!

13. ^^ good job on that AMD,looks great!
    Here is my baby all dressed up and ready for "show".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

List of upgrades:
    Aim Sports AK/AMD Quad rail,made for the AMD
    ATI Strikeforce pistol grip (Slight mod to fit because of the folding stk button)
    AMD-65TECH stock riser and single point sling loop
    NCStar Liberator Combo AK47 Tactical Package: Illuminated 4x scope with P4 sniper reticle,tri rail mount w/dust cover,green laser w/mount,scope rings,and remote pressure switch.
    Magpul AFG2 fore grip
    And last but not least,AIM Sports single point bungee sling
    You can see in the 3rd picture,that the dust cover is not "all the way" down....I need to file the front of the cover a tiny bit so it fits correctly.When done,it should fit better than original.The manufacturer does let this be known and is not a problem.

14. InIdaho

InIdaho G&G Newbie

This is mine

One of my AKs... A recent purchase.

[​IMG]

15. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

16. hemingway89

hemingway89 G&G Evangelist

sure jeff ....just rub it in lol

17. jmeck

jmeck Scope mount mfgr. Forum Contributor

NC
  18. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

Thank you sir.

19. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Norinco Hunter, Type 2 made at the Polytech Factory with milled receiver.

Attached Files: