Votes: 22 75.9%
  • kel-tec plr-16

Votes: 7 24.1%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already have my first gun and im looking 4 a second. My choices are now down 2 either a kel-tec plr-16 or an Ak47 both costing around the same price. Thank you ahead of time 4 any suggestions and could someone tell me the pros and cons of both:uzi:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
AK hands down for almost all uses. Then again it depends on your use. What are your planned uses and what sort of firearm experience do you come from?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have an AK but no plr16. I would like a plr16. They seem awesome. I do however love my ak. What are you planning to use it for? Both will be cheap for plinking. I'm thinking a good AK will give you better long range accuracy, but I'm not sure on that. I would say the AK will be more dependable...

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Give me an AK, a Kel Tec, a fire, a truck, and tree and I'll show you which one is better by which one is still there at the end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you guys for all of the info. I was sort of leaning towards the Ak so i think i might get it but im not sure what kind it is yet. Arent just about all Ak47's just as reliable as the most expensive kinds because i think this might be a wasr.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
They do all tend to be reliable, with a few exceptions, but accuracy and finish will vary.

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
AK hands down

Try to get the SAR or better, most WASRs are for single stack mags and the mag guides are inferior compared to the SARs or better.
In a stamped receiver try to get the ones with the dimples as a mag guide, this are better and the mag will not wobble as many WASRs do.

WASR can be modified to accept Hi cap mags (double stacks) but for a few dollars more you can get a SAR.

If you're serious about getting a state of the art AK, get an ARSENAL milled receiver, those beauties are very accurate out of the box.

My Milled ARSENAL beats my Stamped MAADI in all aspects.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i had a mak 90 already so i went with the kel tec and as a plus my dad got a century arms g3

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Well, aren't you just rolling! Congrats!

Now pick up a decent bolt action to appreciate accuracy and an action that was the military standard not too incredibly long ago.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
I think y'all know how I voted...;)

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
BattleRifleG3 said:
Yup... for Hi Points, all the way! :p ;)
Them thar is fighting words! Snicker, snicker, guffaw! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a PLR 16 but want to trade up to an AR15

I purchased this weapon back in November after seeing it in a magazine. Since then I've only run about a hundred rounds through it. I had problems with it jamming on my last 20 rounds. Since then I've heard of a lot of people trying to get one. I've purchased the forearm, sling and case, added a pistol scope, forgrip with laser attachment and have purchased a pair of 40 round mags with mag retainers. After tricking it out....I'm just not satisfied. It shoots well, but what I really want is an AR15. Around here Bushmaster seems to be the most popular brand. Academy sports sells the M4 for about 900. I don't plan on hunting game with this weapon. My question arises, in this price range 900-1200 what brands should I consider if not the bushmaster? Also, how important is the A2 and the A3 handle? Also is the shorter barrel best or should I go for the longer barrel.

I'd appreciate a direct reply from anyone out there. [email protected]

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Russ, you can get several good AR's in your price range. As a matter of fact, I cna't think of a bad AR that would cost that much. Bushmasters are good rifles - I have one and am quite pleased. I would recomend the A3 flat-top receiver with a carry handle. If you want to put optics on the rifle you will have lots more options. As to the length, it really depends on what you want to do with it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts