close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AK74 Muzzle Brake questions

Discussion in 'AK47' started by sonicgazi, Nov 21, 2013.

1. sonicgazi

sonicgazi G&G Newbie

Thank ya sir. Still iffy on the stock. More range time with it will help me decide I'm sure.

2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I rapid fire my Saiga .223, still feel no need. I'm sort of thinking it's more to look "Tanti-cool". I could be wrong.

3. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Agreed!! I've always liked the dragonov stocks like that, but that's me.. It's not my gun and I'm always one who feels he who owns it is welcome to do whatever he wishes with is guns or whatever he owns.. :)

4. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

lol everyone is quoting me. :)

However well you shoot fast now without one, you will shoot just as fast but have a tighter group with one. (and you may actually shoot a bit faster as well as you can stay on or get back on target faster)

Sort of like with shooting with iron sights vs with a red dot.

A red dot may not make someone shooting with iron sights a better shooter but it will make them a faster shooter concerning getting hits on target.

5. sonicgazi

sonicgazi G&G Newbie

Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been extremely busy as of lately. Upon further inspection the barrel has no threads nor a cap. After some time with the rifle, I think I'm actually ok with that. A brake would add the the looks and might help me stay on target when firing quickly, but it's not something I'll lose sleep over. I could probably add one myself if I wanted to or take it to a gunsmith and have it added but I think it's good for now. I put a Leapers bipod and Tri rail on it and I was actually pretty impressed with the quality of these items considering their low price. I know people hate on them for being cheap, but both items are made very very well.

Attached Files:

6. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

That's because it's in a little poodleshooter caliber lol A good brake makes quite a difference on a 7.62x39 AK

7. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

My Bulgarian AK74 came with the Zig-Zag muzzle brake that helps with the recoil & muzzle rize. The recoil is so light that my girl friend loves to shoot it.
    It is called Zig-Zag because of the Laser cut Zig-Zags coming from the inside of the muzzle.
    Russian AK-74 MUZZLE BRAKE - Pre 1983 | AA-OK
    [​IMG]
    The only warning is that it is loud!

8. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer G&G Enthusiast

USA
    The muzzle device on mine does all that, and it also supports a sound suppressor :)

TACAV likes this.
  9. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to this wasr2 before I can thread it?

Attached Files:

10. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

What threads are you going for?

11. I did 14x1 lh that's what I had laying around and it worked fine from what I can see. Just need to get the detent pin and spring

Attached Files:

12. I'm looking to get a better brake or flash hider soon

13. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

Glad you got it worked out. For your thread pitch some of the best brakes for the money are the 74 style, tapco will be the most available for your threads, but there used to be a better one out there with "Z" cuts instead of half moon cuts, but it's been a long time since I've seen one.

Bubba Wakefield likes this.