close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Al Pacino's rifle in the movie 'Heat'

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by augerx, May 15, 2002.

1. augerx

augerx G&G Newbie

Just a quick question. In one of my top 5 favorite movies, Heat, who manufacture's the rifle Al Pacino uses after the big bank heist scene? It looks pretty sweet. Has anyone used this particular rifle? If so, what is your opinion? Ok, so that was more than one question. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Auger X

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I believe it was a Daewoo .223. It was certainly different from the AR variants everybody else had. Klaus would be the man to tell us if it was indeed a Daewoo. They've got an excellent reputation. I've seen one at my local range. I think Kimber imported them at one time.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

YEP,THINK ITS A DAEWOO TOO. ALWAYS WANTED ONE,FORGOT ABOUT THEM UNTIL HEAT,NOW I WANT ONE AGAIN. HAVEN'T SEEN ONE ADVERTISED IN A LONG TIME.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have a Daewoo DR200 and love it. I have not seen "Heat" though, so I can not confirm Pacino had one. If someone could post a picture, I could ID it.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Never mind, I will change my avatar to show my M17 and DR200.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Found this on another site:

One of the most frequently asked questions on Rec.Guns and various Internet firearms forums concerns the ordnance used in the 1995 Michael Mann film, Heat, with particular interest in the weapon used by Al Pacino's "Vincent Hanna" to put "Michael Cheritto" (Tom Sizemore, who had a Galil) down after the Los Angeles bank takedown.

(There is some anecdotal evidence that the late Messrs. Larry Eugene Phillips, Jr. and Emil Matasereanu used Mann's Heat as a "training film" for their spectacular but abortive attempt at robbing the North Hollywood, California branch of Bank of America on 28 February 1997.)

It is a Fabrique Nationale FNC in 5.56mm (.223 Remington).

In the deserted drive-in theater, "Chris Shiherlis" (Val Kilmer) had a Heckler & Koch 91 in 7.62mm (.308 Winchester).

7. M1rifleman

M1rifleman G&G Newbie

he used a berretta ar-70 , even though it bears a strong resemblence it is a berretta, look in the book Military Firearms at a local bookstore and look under Italian guns and it will be the exact rifle AL Pacino used in the movie

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

It was a Sig model 510 in.223 caliber...I would swear to it in a court of law.

9. I saw the movie last night and it sure looks like an FN FNC....

10. For shure FNC, not Beretta, I used Beretta planty times in the italian Army ciao Riccardo

11. carl

carl G&G Newbie

its an fnc , actually a belgian fnc with folding stock.look at the mag well , most were fal receivers witha wedge for a 223 mag his is not , the belgians were a true 223 receiver.