Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself a .308 today and was looking around for some ammo deals. Most vendors I ran across wanted about $15-20 for wolf gold and tula 20 round boxes. Then I ran into Alabama Ammo. They deal in once fired brass reloads and some hand-loads. I got two 50 round boxes of 147gr fmj for $25 apiece. A competition shooter next to me said that these were better than most factory match grade ammo. I also picked up some 9mm fmj for $8 and some jhp for $9. The bulk prices that i know of are $200 for 500 rnd of .308, and $180 for 1,000 9mm fmj. When I asked about the whole legal issue with using handloads for defense, the lady behind the table told me that all the rounds were made using the exact same stuff. So each and every box of ammo you buy will have the same ballistics as the one before. I'm not sure if they ship around the country, but i'll be calling them tomorrow and find out. They're a 3hr drive from me, so I'd have to buy a few hundred rounds of every thing to make the trip worth it. I wonder if they'll do trade-ins for once fired brass? hmm

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
What legal issue of using handloads for self defense? I always hear they will jump on you for doing so, but have never ever heard of a single case of it actually happening, much less successfully prosecuted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts