close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alan Keyes

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stopper, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Is he gonna run for Pres again?

Is he an Independent or Libertarian?

or what is he?

I didn't pay enough attention to him last election - but voted for him anyway?!?!?!

I know, I know - I should be better informed, but I hate dems and repubs and I'll vote for almost anyone but a dem or repub.

I think dems and repubs are cut from the same cloth - niether one has the testicular fortitude to run things by the Constitution and they are elitest as all get out.

wadda ya'll think?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Every vote not given to a Republican is like giving a vote TO the democraps. What ya gonna do, let a dem get in there and ban our 2nd amendment rights because your disgusted with the whole process?

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well the last time, the demorcraps had someone to take a few votes away from them...you know that guy...I am drawing a blank, while our buddy Pat joined the Independent and tore that group in two so our buddy Bush could get in office.

But to be quite honest with you there are a few things I don't agree with Bush...:(

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

The Republicans fold like brand new maps everytime the Democraps want to fight (course then they are fighting the media also and anybody too stupid to think for themselves)...in fact they fought harder before 94...I have always voted Libertarian whenever I've had the choice...

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Most politicians get amnesia while in office.

As I've stated earlier on another post, I don't trust politicians and lawyers, regardless of their party. Most have their hands out before they get elected seeking your money and support. Afterwards they all seem to get amnesia while in office.

One things's for sure...I'll vote every time for the candidate with the proven record that I support. Promises mean nothing coming from a politician (or lawyer) unless there's something at stake for them.

Oxford :nod:

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

If there was a viable candidate that could win I'd also vote Libertarian. But its a fact that every Libertarian vote is a vote taken away from a Republican. Libertarians are freedom loving people who would not even think about voting Democrap. When it comes to the numbers at the end, that is more votes that could of had a real effect on the outcome.

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

The truely viable canidates get the fewest votes -

So, the money must be the reason noone but repubs and dems get in office - cause the other folks can't afford to get airtime across the country.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Republicans...I've seen more backbone in jellyfish...they don't fight...if they were fish you could land them with light tackle and line without bending your light action two piece rod & reel

9. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I admire their views...but...

Libertarians do not stand a chance on the national Presidential/Senatorial scale...yet. They run well up north in small states in races on the lower levels... up to US House. If you vote for them on a national level, you are making a statement to the REPUBLICANS FOR SURE, but in effect, you are helping the Democratic party... similar to NADER and the Green party hurting the Democrats. The Libertarians I have spoken to are pro-choice, which I personally disagree with. New Hampshire is the state where Libertarians have a real shot at a US House seat in the next decade... my opinion.

Jesse

10. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Back to Alan Keyes, he was a contender for the Republican nomination. After Bush became the nominee, AK wasn't sure if he'd go third party, but Cheney as VP made Alan a little more comfortable standing behind Bush. If he had to pick another party, he'd go Constitution. I haven't heard anything about his plans for '04. He ran for the senate years back, but being from Maryland... yeah.
    I think if he got the Republican ticket he could have definitely won. He has the knowledge and the guts to take out any Dumocrat, as well as kill the lie that the Dems are the party for black people. What I disagree with him about is that he can't change things as fast and single handedly as he thinks he can.
    I and a friend of mine were his sole supporters in my high school.

By the way, he has a life as well... I saw a picture of him being carried around a mosh pit holding a campaign poster, which he entered at his daughter's urging.

11. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I'm not a Republican...I'm a Libertarian...I'm Pro Choice...I don't think religion should be legislated...Organized Religion is scarey..The Drug War is a waste of tax dollars (actually I think it's a jobs program)

12. dadsfreehold

dadsfreehold G&G Newbie

al keyes

greetings, look the demo's may look big and unified but they aren't, they are fragmented on nearly every social issue. but they rely on our thinking of them as unconquerable. we libertarians have the best and brightest, but are defeated because of our attitude. the commies took over russia with less than 1 percent. the nazis took over germany with bunch of disgruntaled vets and dreamers. and we cry because we're not the majority, i think it is an excellent oppertunity that we're not. when men of conviction close ranks there is nothing they can't accomplish. respt submitted dads-freehold