Alaska

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, Aug 13, 2010.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Welcoming Alaskans back from cyberspace !!

2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Northern Lights checking in!

3. ^Who let the old man back in!?!?! :p So did they wipe out all the forums? I noticed they all looked like they have been wiped clean.

4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

It appears that something got in and scrambled all the posts everywhere. The powers that be are moving the posts where they belong, but I don't know that all of them will be found. I want to thank Chris and the Mods who are rebuilding us as we write !!

5. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

ADN classified's tipped me off that Im old.

I never even gave thought that I was old till reading the classified auto's section of the Anchorage Daily News
    In the Classic auto section they feature autos that were new when I went to highschool.

6. lol :D Hey I like them classics :D My Dream Car is a 1969 Chevy Camaro Yanko RS SS with the 427ci. Solid black with Black 5 spoke Star Rims.

7. Rex in OTZ

Classic- make mine old style, not crispy please.

Is getting so its not oftine you find Auto's that last over 10years before some part of its computer is fried crispy.

8. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Auto's are not built, to last much longer .
    Then your loan or bank note!
    Known as job security!

9. Rex in OTZ

Engineerd obsolescence

Its getting so governments can old stuff off the roads and fields, california was one the leaders when they passed laws on certain era construction equipment, overseas like Japan they increase taxes, the older a piece of equipment gets, till its too much to keep around, Japnese farm equipment is a prime example, ever notice all them connex vans of used japanese farm trucks and tractors that came into the country a couple years back?
    They had to unload that stuff somewhere, if you had one them mini trucks and needed a part, you dont simply trot down to the local auto parts store for a water pump, since they didnt plan on them being round for so long they dident make so many spares.

Did you know that cessna had originaly planed for there aircraft to last at most 10 years and 4000hours? some them are pushing 30-40 years old and in excess of 20-30thousand hours on some the more utilized models.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010