Albanian SKS

Discussion in 'SKS' started by Gus L., Sep 11, 2002.

1. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

Has anyone received one of the Albanian SKS's from AIM yet?
    I have one on order and cant wait to get it....:D

2. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

The SkS just arrived at my FFL, Looks Real good, almost unissued.
    Of course I need to remove the sticky cosmo first but other than that it looks real good..
    www.aimsurplus.com

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

That is so cool, thats the first one I've ever seen. I have a C&R and have been trying to figure out what kind of SKS I want...might of just found it...thanks.

4. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

The Albanian SKS's are EXTREMELY rare. I purchased one recently and have to say that they are not even in the same league with the SOVIET SKS's or for that matter, even some of the better CHINESE SKS's. Their unique look and the fact that they are so rare (I heard 7,500 manufactured from a very reliable source), make them a sound buy for a collector. A year from now... 'forget about it'... as far as the Albanians SKS's go.

If I were looking a shooter, I would go for a Soviet, Romanian, or one of the better Chinese SKS's. I personally think the Yugo's are too heavy and lack parts exchange with other SKS's, (also lacking a chrome lined barrel), aside from that, it is simply a personal preference, I know many who love the Yugo SKS.

My advice is to save the Albanian... put it away, buy one of the other fine SKS's to shoot.

$1.00-.98...

Jesse

5. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

Just got my Albanian SkS home and cleaned up... A ton of cosmolene in this thing, But it cleaned up Great.
    What do you think?

[​IMG] :D

6. bowser

bowser Guest

I'm jealous Gus, that rifle looks perfect in the picture! I have a feeling I'm gonna end up with one myself. Is that one of the grade 2 rifles from AIM, or is that a grade 1?

7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

SO PURTY !!!

congrats looks like you got a good one!!!:D

8. NRAJOE

Thanks Gus, Jesse, cool avitar! Yeah, is that grade 1 or 2 Gus?

9. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

This was a Grade One rifle,.. I am going to order a Grade Two to use as a shooter.
    [​IMG]
    I couldnt beleive the amount of cosmolene on this thing. Took a while to clean off but I am very impreseed with the piece.:nod:

10. NRAJOE